Oakland News Now – Howard Terminal Update: Oakland City Council Looking At Alternative To EIFD But Using TIF – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Howard Terminal Update: Oakland City Council Looking At Alternative To EIFD But Using TIF
In this Howard Terminal Update livestream vlog, I, Zennie Abraham Zennie62Media Inc. CEO, share news that the Oakland City Council is considering alternatives to the current proposal to the use of Enhanced Infrastructure Financing Districts to provide a tax increment financing subsidy for use in the public / private partnership development of the Oakland Athletics Howard Terminal Ballpark District.
The one option the Oakland City Council is taking a behind-the-scenes look at is called the Community Revitalization and Investment Authority (CRIA) Act process. To explain it simply, it means a kind of new version of the redevelopment process the City of Oakland used before California Redevelopment Law was eliminated by California Governor Jerry Brown in 2011. Here’s what that means.
1) The Oakland City Council votes for the formation of a separate organization that forms the redevelopment plan, and is represented by three members of the city council or board of supervisors and two public members who live or work within the community revitalization and investment area. Or, for a CRIA created through a joint powers agreement: majority of the members from the legislative bodies of the public agencies that created the authority and a minimum of two public members who live or work within the project area. I think a CRIA formed between the City of Oakland and the Port of Oakland is the logical next step.
2) The new agency would form a redevelopment plan, and include project areas, say West Oakland, Howard Terminal / Jack London Square, Chinatown, Fruitvale, and East Oakland. Since the CRIA Act calls for a city to have census tracts that are below the regional average in income performance and have substandard properties, Oakland has a number of flat-land areas that fit that bill.
3) CRIA calls for tax increment financing to be used for affordable housing, and is designed to call for that in a way that Enhanced Infrastructure Financing Districts are not.
That’s the basic version of the more complicated but useful guidelines for the implentation of a Community Revitalization and Investment Authority.
There’s a also the chance that private activity bonds could be used with the tax increment financing approach in the CRIA. That way the bond default backstop is placed on the Oakland Athletics, as they have asked for from the start.
The trouble with the way the City of Oakland has handled the process is it’s not clear if they’re going to establish a separate agency to float bonds, and have not even set out a schedule to do either.
In closing, there’s more in the livestream talk. Stay tuned to this channel for the Oakland City Council Howard Terminal Meeting Livestream for Tuesday, July 20th, 9:00 AM PST / 12 Noon PM EST.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Bike Oakland: to Fruitvale BART, from Lake Merritt BART
- Bike Oakland: Leona Heights Park
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Is Very Excited For Training Camp,By Eric Pangilinan
- 1511 Lafayette Street Alameda | Alameda Homes For Sale
- 871 43rd St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- 7111 Pinehaven Rd Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Inside West Oakland hood “Lower Bottoms ” and it’s battle with gentrification 7.26.21
- Philippines Manny Pacquaio Shows His Love To Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Training Camp Press Conference Reaction By Joseph Armendariz
- FNC Reports: Former Dem Sen Barbara Boxer “Assaulted” In Dem-Run Oakland Amid Nationwide Crime Spike
- Oakland Aerial City Tour and Historical Sites (4k Drone Video)
- Boxing Anthony Joshua Says He Would Fight Tyson Fury,By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Live: Coach Gruden Presser – 7.27.21
- Las Vegas Raiders Henry Ruggs 111 Gets A High Ranking On Madden 2022,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders : 2021 Season Training Camp Preview By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Davante Adams Still Could Join The Raiders Just Not This Year,By Eric Pangilinan
- MC Hammer Was The Oakland A’s Vice President, Youngest Baseball Executive, Ever
- Home For Sale 469 Capital St Oakland, CA 94610
- Lake Merritt Boat Adventure! Oakland, CA.
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II