Oakland News Now – Howard Terminal Update: MLB Commissioner: Las Vegas Viable – NFL Said Oakland Wasn’t Viable In 2016 – video made by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Howard Terminal Update: MLB Commissioner Calls Las Vegas Viable Option – NFL Said Oakland Did Not Provide Viable Option In 2016. Oakland City Council has little choice but a positive vote July 20th.
After the 2021 MLB All-Star Game, Rob Manfred, the Major League Baseball Commissioner, said about the Oakland A’s future in Oakland “Las Vegas is a viable alternative for a major league club, and there are other viable alternatives that I haven’t turned the A’s loose to even explore at this point.”
“Viable” is a term not used to refer to Oakland’s future since NFL Executive Vice President for Business Affairs Eric Grubman used it in referring to Oakland’s stadium plan to keep the Raiders.
On August 12th 2015, at the Special NFL Owners Meeting in Illinois regarding the plan to relocate the Rams to Los Angeles, I asked for an update on the Oakland plan. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell asked Eric Grubman, then NFL Executive Vice President and the league’s point person on the new stadium issue, to comment.
Eric said “Zennie, thanks for the question,” and then shared the usual pleasantries about the Raiders fans, then said “there’s been no viable proposal that’s been made to the Raiders.” That comment was the shot to Oakland heard round the World, and looking back, signaled the end of the Raiders in Oakland.
The comments made by the MLB Commissioner this week are similar, and are buttressed by one fact: an affirmative vote by the Oakland City Council may not lock in the Oakland A’s in Oakland. The only way to get that would be to bake in a contract that says the A’s will not seek relocation – that is not in the cards right now.
More news on the livestream video above.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Hall Of Fame: Troy Polamalu discussion Understanding His Desire To Attend By Joseph Armendariz
- NFL News: Former Steeler Troy Polamalu Test Positive He Wants To Attend HOF By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders: Mark Davis Sends Message To Raider Nation – Get The Vaccine By Joseph Armendariz
- Sunisa Lee Gold Medal In 2021 Olympics Celebrated By Oakland’s Sheng Thao Fellow Hmong American
- Boxing Manny Pacquaio Protege Marical Close To Winning Gold At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders LA Dodger Maxx Scherzer Is A Die Hard Raider Fan,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Scouting Team Keeping Eye On Top CB Prospect Kiir Elam, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines The US Is Sending Million Doses Of Moderna Vaccine To The Philippines,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Solomon Thomas Shows Support For Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Deontay Wilder Says Tyson Fury Lying About Getting Covid,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland’s West Oakland Homeless Population, Small Business, Need AB 464 For Economic Development
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Says He Feels A Sense Of Urgency With The Defense,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders RTC Offering Express Buss Service To Allegiant Stadium,By Eric Pangilinan
- Festival At The Lake Oakland, CA
- Las Vegas Raiders: Breaking News Regarding Theo Riddick and Kenyan Drake By Joseph Armendariz
- Video Tour of 719 Mandana Blvd, Oakland
- Video Tour of 330 13th St Unit 3B in Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority Unanimously Approves Term Sheet for African- American Led Group to Bring WNBA Team to Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Gus Bradley Brought Back Commitment To Excellence? By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike San Francisco: Market St: Ferry to the Castro, then Twin Peaks fog & return.