Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunado Bas To Join Chinatown Volunteers Strolling Monday Morning to Support Alternative Community Safety Strategies
WHEN: Tomorrow, Monday, July 12, 10:30 a.m. PST
WHERE: 1200 Harrison Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas + District 2 Representative
Volunteer Oaklanders in bright yellow vests and gloves picking up litter, cleaning graffiti, escorting Chinatown seniors
Leaders and staff from Oakland Chinatown Coalition, a collection of grassroots service and community organizations, small businesses, churches, and residents who live, work, play, shop and thrive in Chinatown
Tomorrow on Monday, July 12, Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas will join volunteers with Oakland Chinatown Coalition to participate in the Chinatown Volunteer Strolling Program, one key example of an alternative community safety strategy that strengthens community relationships, increases eyes and ears on the street, improves the built environment, and prevents harm and violence from occurring.
Alongside volunteer community members of all backgrounds and ages from across Oakland, Bas will walk the streets of Chinatown escorting seniors to and from destinations as needed, removing graffiti, engaging in street cleaning, building relationships with Chinatown merchants, providing resources to unhoused individuals, and reporting issues to 311 such as illegal dumpling, overflowing trash cans, and street repair needs.
Council President Bas’ recently adopted FY 2021-23 city budget maintained Oakland’s policing levels and allocates $673,819,639 million for police spending, a $38,541,338 million (+6%) increase from the last 2019-2021 budget cycle in the City’s General Purpose Fund. See Bas’ letter to the City Administration and Police Chief Armstrong regarding the need for accurate information to the public on police spending.
Bas’ budget also invested $18,765,358 million towards triple the Department of Violence Prevention’s budget and expand MACRO, Oakland’s civilian crisis response program in the Fire Department.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 1511 Lafayette Street Alameda | Alameda Homes For Sale
- 871 43rd St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- 7111 Pinehaven Rd Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Inside West Oakland hood “Lower Bottoms ” and it’s battle with gentrification 7.26.21
- Philippines Manny Pacquaio Shows His Love To Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Training Camp Press Conference Reaction By Joseph Armendariz
- FNC Reports: Former Dem Sen Barbara Boxer “Assaulted” In Dem-Run Oakland Amid Nationwide Crime Spike
- Oakland Aerial City Tour and Historical Sites (4k Drone Video)
- Boxing Anthony Joshua Says He Would Fight Tyson Fury,By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Live: Coach Gruden Presser – 7.27.21
- Las Vegas Raiders Henry Ruggs 111 Gets A High Ranking On Madden 2022,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders : 2021 Season Training Camp Preview By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Davante Adams Still Could Join The Raiders Just Not This Year,By Eric Pangilinan
- MC Hammer Was The Oakland A’s Vice President, Youngest Baseball Executive, Ever
- Home For Sale 469 Capital St Oakland, CA 94610
- Lake Merritt Boat Adventure! Oakland, CA.
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II
- For Tokyo Olympics Panasonic Teams With Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky, Others
- Sheng Thao District 4 Councilmember Champions Public Safety Investments for Oakland
- Naomi Osaka Upset By Marketa Vondrousova Tokyo Olympics Women’s Singles 3rd Round