ONN – Ben Bartlett Berkeley Councilmember Shows Oakland City Council How To Defund Police
Raw transcript from video:
Hey, you know, I tell you something just really pisses me off. the City of Oakland just made this rush to stuff something in as legislation to make it look like oh we’re reforming that the police department really liked doing this when if you take a look at the graphic that was put on Oakland counselor Loren Taylor’s Facebook page yeah for and I’m picking an argument with you okay you owe the equity caucus basically said hey you know what we’re gonna place over $14.5 million dollars yeah that’s what’s a lot of money oh and we’re gonna like slide it over from the police and we’re gonna put it all these little programs!
And it’s kind of like, you know, it – give me a break okay? Because, among those five items that were listed was this $7.7 million dollar program to – drumroll please – get rid of the, “close the digital divide”, right?
Well, wait a minute. Let’s think about that. Wasn’t that the same digital divide fundraising program that Mark Pincus and Jack Dorsey, and a number of other people came along and threw, what? $12 million dollars in to pay for having done?
So basically you’re gonna tell me that you’re taking these private investments that were done – calling them a public investment, and then saying “Yay yeah we’re we’re gonna do that we were to close the digital divide and we authorized that”, and then on top of that you’re gonna make it look like you’re defunding the police? Excuse me. Excuse me! I mean that’s what you’ve just done, all right?
That’s like smoke mirrors smoke mirrors turn it upside down put it a blue red blank link right meanwhile my friend, Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett, has authored something called the “Safety for All: George Floyd Community Safety Act” and it is a five-point program that in total shifts $25 million dollars from the Berkeley Police and two community programs. But it goes beyond that: it costs, calls for specific police related reforms in operations, program management, and community relations. It does what the Oakland Equity Council which consists of Oakland Councilmember Lauren Taylor, Oakland Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney, my Councilmember in District Three, Noel Gallo in District five, Larry Reid in District 7 and Rebecca Kaplan At-Large – and yes there might be a quiz on this. No not a drinking quiz because you shouldn’t be drinking right through here, but I digress
My point is they led the charge calling themselves the equity caucus and passed this this thing that pales in the comparison of what Berkeley has done because the Berkeley City Council unanimously passed what councilman Bartlett authored oh and by the way yes councilmember Bartlet’s law firm is a proud quiet – zhenya sixty-two media because I went after him because no one’s telling their story talking about that okay among other things but I digress.
One of the big stories here is that Berkeley is showing up Oakland. Berkeley is showing up Oakland. You hear what I’m saying? Berkeley is showing up Oakland! And what the Oakland City Council did, particularly the equity caucus – and I go back to the digital divide smoke and mirrors example I gave earlier – and this whole OP is shameful
And there are others who say hey you know NAACP members didn’t have enough time to really consider thoughtfully a proposal and there was time to do it. But no, no, no, no! Let’s just rush and make it look like we’re doing something right now!
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp day 2 Where The Juice?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Uptown Rotary Club Guest Speaker: Krista Lucchesi, Mercy Brown Bag Program
- Oakland Panthers 2020 Hype Video
- Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Faith and Facts: Keedra McNeill, MD
- Oakland Promise Arts, Media, and Entertainment Career Panel
- Seeking the Sacred, Ep. 12- Discernment and Learning How to Hear God’s Voice
- Oakland SC v Club Marin with commentary
- Oakland United Beerworks introduces our Linden Street Series Flight Packs!
- Vicente Cruz on the importance of Physical Education
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp By Eric Pangilinan
- Disney Parks Brings Back Mask Mandate Due To Delta Variant Surge By Joseph Armendariz
- Piedmont Wealth Manager Arraigned in Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run
- East Oakland Councilmembers Taylor And Reid Must Implement AB 464 Now To Help Small Business
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Marc Canter Features Legendary Twitter Co-Founder Noah Glass In Hilarious Facebook Post
- Garrion Watson – Oakland Police Report Missing 12 Year Old Found By Family
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Says If You Are Not Vaccinated Stay Home,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele Memories, Extended Edition
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele’s Memorial Live Stream
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Talking Trash About Canelo Alverez Will Alverez Respond,By Eric Pangilinan