In the wake of the Oakland City Council’s decision to rip $18 million from the Oakland Police Department Budget just when we have our first Black Police Chief in almost a generation, I have decided to openly post reports of criminal acts that would never see the mainstream media. Some of these will be from Facebook, others from Nextdoor, and if they pop-up, YouTube and Twitter.
Carjacking at gunpoint (from Nextdoor, name withheld).
I was walking from work, a kid’s home as I provide in home services to kids who have autism, and walked to my car that I had parked on E. 22nd St. . After getting in the car, I turned it on and checked my phone for emails. That’s when my door was swung open and I was pistol whipped on the head. “Get out” he told me with a handgun pointed right at my head between the eyes. I bolted out of there but had briefly seen that he was with two other guys with. All three were black with hoodies, the one with the gun had no face mask and looked young and thin. All three got into my car and drove off, taking a left at Mitchel St.
Then I sat and called the police, crying and in despair as I depend on my car for work.
Police were called and took note of the vehicle plates and stuff. I am glad that I escaped unscathed for it definitely could have gone worse. Occurred on 6/24/21 Thursday around 4:50pm. Yes in broad daylight.
I have reported this information to the police.
Description of person involved �� Hair: Covered by hood, Top: Hoodie with a white decal of sorts, Age: twenties or younger, Build: Thin, Ethnicity: African American, Sex: Male, Other details: Hoodie had a white decal of sorts
Description of vehicle involved – Colour: Silver, Make: Toyota, Model: Prius C, Year: 2018, Type: Hatchback, Other details: Small car that is a hybrid, has a front plate with a black border that says “Fremont Toyota” and that black border is badly damaged and flaying. In my trunk were lots of Minecraft/Sonic/Mario toys alongside a whole bunch of board games for kids and adults.
2780-2790 East 22nd Street, Oakland, CA
Some of the comments, below:
PLEASE, PLEASE…lock your car immediately when you close the door.
I am so sorry that this happened to you. The crime is just off the hook. May they get what’s coming to them and may you get your car back.
What I liked about my Prius was the keyless ignition, just having the key in my pocket would allow me to press the ignition button . If I got out and the car was turned off it could not be turned on again without a key. So getting out of the car would be a good thing , when they turn it off it would make it tough for them to go anywhere in the car. Sorry this happened.
Carjacking crimes are personal ones and are up 115 percent in Oakland. What can one do? One would think cars with bullerproof windshields would be a good first start. But also it should be easier for drivers to get a weapons permit. These reports are far too frequent and random. That happened to a person I know in Berkeley last year. When does it stop?
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II
- For Tokyo Olympics Panasonic Teams With Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky, Others
- Sheng Thao District 4 Councilmember Champions Public Safety Investments for Oakland
- Naomi Osaka Upset By Marketa Vondrousova Tokyo Olympics Women’s Singles 3rd Round
- Governor Newsom Highlights New State Efforts to Encourage More Californians to Get Vaccinated
- California Will Require Vaccinations Or Covid Tests For State Employees And Health Care Workers
- RUGBY 7s TOKYO OLYMPICS Live Reaction (Not Showing Game) DAY 1
- Jade Carey powers her way into the women’s floor final | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Ireland | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Japan Vs Canada | Rugby 7s | Olympics 2021 Highlights
- South Africa Vs USA Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Ireland Vs Kenya Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Argentina Vs South Korea Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- New Zealand Vs Australia Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Lydia Jacoby Gets Gold Medal In Women’s 100 M Breathstroke Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Philippines Uprise In Protest Against President Rodrigo Duterte ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Barbara Boxer Former Senator Assaulted, Robbed In Oakland Jack London Square. Attacker Got Away
- Philippines Team Philippines Wins Gold For The First Time At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Line Has To Improve For The Raiders To Win,By Eric Pangilinan
- Doctor Who | Comic-Con@Home 2021