ONN – Kathleen Matz Takes Issue With My Oakland Juneteeth Shooting Vlog, Reflects A Basic Racial Problem – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Kathleen Matz Takes Issue With My Oakland Juneteeth Shooting Vlog, And Reflects A Basic Racial Problem
I received this Facebook message from Kathleen Matz. She is one of the admins on a Facebook group called “Neighbors For Racial Justice”. I posted my video called “2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Reveals Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life”, which has the contiunation of the title with “And it’s our fault”.
This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxnlGxpEKT4&t=72s
She wrote this:
I’m sending this on behalf of N4RJ regarding your participation in our FB group.
Neighbors for Racial Justice had some concerns about recent posts you added to our Facebook group. We decided to delete the post about the shootings at Lake Merritt, “Some Black kids don’t value Black life”.
The post didn’t reflect the values N4RJ holds and seeks to amplify in our group. While we are interested in hearing from a variety of voices in our group, we ask that posts shared with our group be mindful that every problem in our community has deeper roots that may not be immediately apparent. We are interested in revealing the origins of those problems and working to solve them from there. We also don’t believe that shaming people is helpful, but can serve to perpetuate the problems our community faces.
Thank you for your understanding on this, and please reach out to us if you have any questions or would like to discuss this further.
My retort went like this:
I disagree. Kathleeen, Did you watch the video? I will vlog about this because it’s news. But, did you watch the video?
And if the problem is my shaming the Oakland Community, then I am happy to learn the truth: that the community can’t handle the truth.
In the 46 years I have lived here, Oakland has never been really “kid friendly” and the decline of popularity of scouting (I was a Boy Scout) has made that an even greater problem. Oakland has become more and more violent and uncaring about its children and the fact we have such a large homelessness population proves it.
Also. I own a media company so my content has already gained 10,000 views. And I am just getting started. I am going to make Oakland sorry for the awful situation its placed black kids in.
Kathleeen forgets how we met. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIHiFFzsUK0
And about racial profiling. But what I did was far from racial profiling. This was not me guessing at what someone who looks like me was going to do because they’re black. No. This was me making an observation of what those teens and young adults were doing to other black people in Oakland. Rather they were paid or not – and I believe they were for video and political impact – they did it. And the reasons are as I stated: a society in Oakland that, at its core, does not like kids – particularly black kids.
The question is, what are we going to do about it? First, you have to listen to views of the problem you may not like. Then speak yourself. Then form ideas for how we all can act, even if it’s just raising our voice for support of a society that is black kid friendly. Then, from that, comes laws and change.
We need to change.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Hall Of Fame: Troy Polamalu discussion Understanding His Desire To Attend By Joseph Armendariz
- NFL News: Former Steeler Troy Polamalu Test Positive He Wants To Attend HOF By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders: Mark Davis Sends Message To Raider Nation – Get The Vaccine By Joseph Armendariz
- Sunisa Lee Gold Medal In 2021 Olympics Celebrated By Oakland’s Sheng Thao Fellow Hmong American
- Boxing Manny Pacquaio Protege Marical Close To Winning Gold At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders LA Dodger Maxx Scherzer Is A Die Hard Raider Fan,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Scouting Team Keeping Eye On Top CB Prospect Kiir Elam, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines The US Is Sending Million Doses Of Moderna Vaccine To The Philippines,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Solomon Thomas Shows Support For Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Deontay Wilder Says Tyson Fury Lying About Getting Covid,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland’s West Oakland Homeless Population, Small Business, Need AB 464 For Economic Development
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Says He Feels A Sense Of Urgency With The Defense,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders RTC Offering Express Buss Service To Allegiant Stadium,By Eric Pangilinan
- Festival At The Lake Oakland, CA
- Las Vegas Raiders: Breaking News Regarding Theo Riddick and Kenyan Drake By Joseph Armendariz
- Video Tour of 719 Mandana Blvd, Oakland
- Video Tour of 330 13th St Unit 3B in Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority Unanimously Approves Term Sheet for African- American Led Group to Bring WNBA Team to Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Gus Bradley Brought Back Commitment To Excellence? By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike San Francisco: Market St: Ferry to the Castro, then Twin Peaks fog & return.