ONN – Melissa Dettwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help
Melissa Dettwiller-Rand is the famous Female Bodybuilding Legend Melissa Dettwiller, and whom I met at the Las Vegas Pro Show in 2005. But, today, she needs our help, so I made this video-blog to ignite fans of female bodybuilding to her her through her crisis.
As her GoFundMe Page, where she has raised a reported $2,093 of a needed $5,000 to the date of this video-blog, explains:
My name is Melissa Rand. I currently live in Bakersfield CA. How I ended up here is a long story and not really pertinent to the “issue at hand”. I can tell you that the journey here was filled with heartbreak and stress. Nonetheless I landed on my feet as best as I could and have been maintaining a pretty good life for myself and Helena, my little girl who is now six. That being said, I will just jump right in to the “issue at hand”.
I am 43 years old and live with my little 6 year old daughter, Helena. I have recently been diagnosed with METASTATIC BREAST CANCER.
For those who do not know I will explain what metastatic means and what it means in my specific case. However first of all while I do not specifically blame the doctor for the delay in finding the cancer, I will say that I do go for my “annual exam” every year. My new doctor never did a breast exam. She did the “regular exam” (all the women out there know what I mean by that) and told me everything was fine. Then one day about 4-5 months ago I felt an abnormality in my right breast. (LADIES PLEASE DO MONTHLY SELF BREAST EXAMS, this move probably saved my life. I wish I had done the exams every month but at least I caught it myself !)
To be perfectly honest I had pretty good size implants placed many years ago and at first I thought that one of them had ruptured. I saw my doctor as well as a plastic surgeon. However I eventually went for the obligatory mammogram.
To my horror it was not simply a problem with the implant, it was a “mass”. To anyone who has had a mass found on a mammogram you all know that at that point they cannot tell you if you do or do not have cancer, the dreaded “C word”.
But at that point there was a very “high level of suspicion” that I had cancer. This meant a biopsy was in order. They were going to have to take a core biopsy and send it into a special doctor called a pathologist who tests the tissue and looks at it under the microscope.
Let me deviate for just a minute here, I DREAD NEEDLES! I HATE THEM! Just getting blood drawn is a big deal for me.
The rest of Melissa’s story, and the place to donate, is here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/melissa-rands-battle-against-breast-cancer?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer
Stay tuned and God bless Melissa, and all of my friends battling some form of cancer.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Gang Wars – Address Haters , Snitching , & “ Draco The Police “ Comments ‼️
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp Preview Defense Players That Need To Improve,By Eric Pangilinan
- Dominic Tauane railfanning Oakland Jack London Square
- Rotary Club of Oakland demotion of President Ces Butner – June 24, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, July 16, 2021
- Oakland Youth Poet Laureate 10 Years Slideshow
- 2021 Oakland Youth Poet Laureate Announcement and Performances
- Rotary Club of Oakland July 22, 2021 meeting.
- Hoodslam Oakland’s Raunchiest Fight Night | Good Sh*t | OZY
- Walgreens East Oakland Closure Shows City Of Oakland Lacks Business Retention Program It Once Had
- Clam Chowder at Chowders Pier 39 San Fransisco
- Pokemon Go Fest 2021 San Francisco
- The Worst Talk Show Host Is Still On The Air (Jerry Springer)
- I Played Minecraft With Hank From Breaking Bad
- Slaying Real Monsters & Building Communities Through Role Playing Games | Comic-Con@Home 2021
- The Walking Dead Universe Comic-Con 2021 Panel News – Breakdown & Discussion Of All 3 Panels!
- Bay Area Transparency Is Back With Ceres CA Police Video First Amendment Audit
- Our work: What Berkeley Fire is doing to prepare for the 2021 wildfire season and beyond
- Basic Science Sampler from UC Berkeley
- Rising Stars of Berkeley Biology