ONN – Janani Ramachandran Interview: 2021 Oakland California 18th Assembly District Special Election Race – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Janani Ramachandran Interview: 2021 Oakland California 18th Assembly District Special Election Race
To set up interviews for Oakland News Now and Zennie62 YouTube, Zennie62Media issued emails to all of the candidates in the 2021 Oakland California 18th Assembly District Special Election Race, to be held June 29, 2021. Janani Ramachandran was first to answer of all of the candidates, so we scheduled this time slot.
This is not an endorsement, but it is a chance to get to know the candidate. The interview objective is to give the candidate a video platform.
The interview will be held Thursday, June 17th, 2021 at 10:30 AM PST, here, on Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now. Once done is it auto-posted to several blog and social media platforms Zennie62Media owns and runs.
Janani Ramachandran says she is a social justice lawyer, activist, and artist who has devoted her life to empowering communities who have been failed by our existing systems. More on her at her website: www.jananiforca.com
Janani requested to add this statement:
Janani Ramachandran is a social justice attorney and community activist running for State Assembly District 18. Janani has previously served on the Oakland Public Ethics Commission, and currently serves on the California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs. She is a graduate of Stanford University and Berkeley Law.
Janani is running for State Assembly because California needs bold solutions now, starting with stronger statewide tenant protections, a $22/hour living wage, ending qualified immunity for police who cause harm, investment into community alternative justice programs, a Green New Deal with a racial equity lens, and universal healthcare. Janani is also passionate about ensuring that we have a transparent and accountable government.
Janani will bring a community-oriented perspective to the Legislature, based on her experiences representing tenants facing eviction, individuals experiencing mental health crises, and survivors of domestic violence. Prior to law school, Janani worked as a home-visiting community health worker with immigrant and teen mothers. Janani currently volunteers with APTP’s Mental Health First hotline, and has served on the board of three anti-violence and restorative justice nonprofits in the District.
Some of Janani’s endorsements include the East Bay Times (article attached), Oakland East Bay Dem Club, Wellstone Democratic Club, ILWU, Oakland Tenants Union, CWA Local 9415, Our Revolution, Indivisible East Bay, individuals including Congressman Ro Khanna, Assemblymember Alex Lee, Nancy Nadel, Desley Brooks, Mike Hutchinson, Robert Raburn, Ken Berrick, Esther Goolsby, Minister Cherri Murphy, Don Lacy, Saabir Lockett, Gene Hazzard, Alton Jelks, Nino Parker, Chaney Turner, among others (see full list here).
Janani is the only Oakland candidate in this race – read her article in the Oakland Post about why she believes that representation matters. If elected, Janani would be California’s first South Asian Assemblywoman, first LGBTQ API Assemblywoman, and just 1 of 3 tenants out of 120 lawmakers.
Learn more about Janani and her platform at www.jananiforca.com.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II
- For Tokyo Olympics Panasonic Teams With Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky, Others
- Sheng Thao District 4 Councilmember Champions Public Safety Investments for Oakland
- Naomi Osaka Upset By Marketa Vondrousova Tokyo Olympics Women’s Singles 3rd Round
- Governor Newsom Highlights New State Efforts to Encourage More Californians to Get Vaccinated
- California Will Require Vaccinations Or Covid Tests For State Employees And Health Care Workers
- RUGBY 7s TOKYO OLYMPICS Live Reaction (Not Showing Game) DAY 1
- Jade Carey powers her way into the women’s floor final | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Ireland | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Japan Vs Canada | Rugby 7s | Olympics 2021 Highlights
- South Africa Vs USA Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Ireland Vs Kenya Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Argentina Vs South Korea Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- New Zealand Vs Australia Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Lydia Jacoby Gets Gold Medal In Women’s 100 M Breathstroke Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Philippines Uprise In Protest Against President Rodrigo Duterte ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Barbara Boxer Former Senator Assaulted, Robbed In Oakland Jack London Square. Attacker Got Away
- Philippines Team Philippines Wins Gold For The First Time At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Line Has To Improve For The Raiders To Win,By Eric Pangilinan
- Doctor Who | Comic-Con@Home 2021