ONN – Ray Bobbitt And Robert Bobb Of AASEG Talks WNBA At Oakland Arena Progress – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Ray Bobbitt And Robert Bobb Of AASEG Talks WNBA At Oakland Arena Progress
The African American Sports and Entertainment Group issued the following press release:
The African American Sports and Entertainment Group (AASEG) is poised tomake history on two fronts, acquire significant ownership in the city’s flagship sporting complex along with another objective of historic implications; it became public today, that AASEG is in negotiations with the Oakland-Alameda County Joint powers authority regarding submittal of a Term Sheet for a lease/license agreement, within its formal proposal to bring a WNBA team to Oakland. League officials have received the request from AASEG, the organization’s Raymond “Ray” Bobbitt confirmed.
Resolution of the AASEG Term Sheet, scheduled by Oakland Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan, if approved by the full City Council, would be a major statement in addressing the recently published City of Oakland disparity study on efforts to remedy the lack of business opportunities, bids and contracts with African American entities. Awarding the City’s largest public land site for development to an Oakland Based-African American Development Group would be a first in Oakland’s 169-year history.
Recently, AASEG cleared a major hurdle in their quest to purchase the City’s 50% interest of the Oakland Coliseum complex, when the City Council Rules Committee voted to advance the AASEG Term Sheet to the full City Council for vote. Vice Mayor Kaplan stated, “I am pleased that there is such great interest in doing an important development at the Oakland Coliseum that will provide jobs, revenue and community positivity. My goal is to help this process move forward before the summer recess.”
AASEG’s due diligence includes meeting with more than 30 community groups comprised of faith-based institutions, labor organizations, civic leaders and job development organizations: all uniformly backing the mission of AASEG’s economic development plan.
The expanded purview to add a WNBA team to its offer is being led by AASEG partner, Shonda Scott. Scott, a fourth generation business owner, Oakland native and CEO of 360 Total Concept, is also a former women’s basketball standout at Oakland’s acclaimed Holy Names High School.
Public policy advocacy group, Black Women Organized for Political Advocacy (BWOPA) is among those supporting the merit and need for an African American women-led, major sports franchise ownership group. BWOPA’s letter of support.
Bringing a WNBA team to Oakland signals a major victory for the future of professional sports, moreover, the league’s advancement of women is one of its most popular diversity and inclusion trademarks, nationwide.
Further, the historic creation and creed of the WNBA aligns closely with Oakland’s proven imprint of Social Justice Reform and leadership platform.
AASEG will provide additional details of its progress during a press event on Friday, June 18 th , 11:00am (location to be announced) as part of its Juneteenth Emancipation Holiday activities. Lunch will be provided by Everett and Jones Bar-b-q. A coalition of organizations, business leaders and community influencers will be in attendance, demonstrating solidarity and support for economic parity throughout all communities in Oakland.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Gang Wars – Address Haters , Snitching , & “ Draco The Police “ Comments ‼️
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp Preview Defense Players That Need To Improve,By Eric Pangilinan
- Dominic Tauane railfanning Oakland Jack London Square
- Rotary Club of Oakland demotion of President Ces Butner – June 24, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, July 16, 2021
- Oakland Youth Poet Laureate 10 Years Slideshow
- 2021 Oakland Youth Poet Laureate Announcement and Performances
- Rotary Club of Oakland July 22, 2021 meeting.
- Hoodslam Oakland’s Raunchiest Fight Night | Good Sh*t | OZY
- Walgreens East Oakland Closure Shows City Of Oakland Lacks Business Retention Program It Once Had
- Clam Chowder at Chowders Pier 39 San Fransisco
- Pokemon Go Fest 2021 San Francisco
- The Worst Talk Show Host Is Still On The Air (Jerry Springer)
- I Played Minecraft With Hank From Breaking Bad
- Slaying Real Monsters & Building Communities Through Role Playing Games | Comic-Con@Home 2021
- The Walking Dead Universe Comic-Con 2021 Panel News – Breakdown & Discussion Of All 3 Panels!
- Bay Area Transparency Is Back With Ceres CA Police Video First Amendment Audit
- Our work: What Berkeley Fire is doing to prepare for the 2021 wildfire season and beyond
- Basic Science Sampler from UC Berkeley
- Rising Stars of Berkeley Biology