The Buffy Wicks For Assembly campaign sent this statement Monday morning. As of now, the former Obama Campaign Aide is the lead vote-getter in the California Assembly District 15 Race, and is awaiting the outcome of vote counts beween challengers Richmond Councilmember Jovanka Beckles and Oakland District 1 Councilmember, Dan Kalb. Beckles leads Kalb by 284 votes for the second position behind Wicks in the top-two race. Here’s the Buffy Wicks statement:
Buffy Wicks placed a strong first in a field of eleven candidates vying to advance to the general election in Assembly District 15, winning more than twice as many votes as the next highest vote getters. Her victory was decisive, with wide margins in both Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
Buffy Wicks, a grassroots organizer for more than 20 years, ran an extraordinary organizing campaign. The campaign began a house party program last July, and by Election Day had hosted 161 house parties in living rooms across the district. Through these house parties, Buffy heard directly from thousands of neighbors in Hercules, San Pablo, Richmond, El Cerrito, Kensington, Albany, all corners of Berkeley, North Oakland, Temescal, Rockridge, Montclair and Piedmont about the issues that matter the most to them.
Wicks’ campaign house parties inspired over 500 active campaign volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors, texted over 60,000 voters and placed thousands of phone calls in the weeks leading up Election Day.
Buffy Wicks won this election because of the sheer power of community organizing.
Voters agreed with Buffy’s priorities of addressing the housing shortage and homelessness crisis head-on, advancing creative regional transportation and transit challenges, increased funding public schools, supporting universal pre-k and affordable childcare, and preventing gun violence.
“I am so grateful to everyone who showed their support for our vision tonight. We proved that grassroots organizing wins elections. Together we can create more affordable housing, find solutions to our homelessness crisis, fund our schools and create a better future for all of our East Bay’s families,” said Wicks.
In addition to her grassroots organizing, Wicks garnered an impressive list of endorsements from local, state and national leaders. From local endorsers like former Congressmembers George Miller and Ellen Tauscher, Richmond Mayor Tom Butt, BART Director Lateefah Simon, Piedmont Vice Mayor Teddy King, Supervisor Nate Miley and Hercules Mayor Myrna de Vera to her future colleagues in the state legislature like Senator Scott Wiener and Assemblymembers Bill Quirk, David Chiu and Wendy Carrillo to statewide and national leaders like U.S. Senator Kamala Harris, Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom, Secretary of State Alex Padilla, Former Democratic Party Chair Howard Dean and violence prevention advocate Gabby Giffords, Wicks gained enthusiastic support because of her ability to bring people together to tackle our biggest issues.
The Buffy Wicks campaign will bring this same commitment to grassroots organizing into the general election campaign and they look forward to talking to tens of thousands more voters in the months ahead.
As a Zennie62Media note, the posting of this press release is not to support any campaign effort, or to imply that Zennie62Media agrees with the message of the release – and it should not be considered as such an action. It’s news, and is posted to report the news of the day related to the subject.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Says If You Are Not Vaccinated Stay Home,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele Memories, Extended Edition
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele’s Memorial Live Stream
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Talking Trash About Canelo Alverez Will Alverez Respond,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!
- 6118 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Oakland Athletics vs San Diego Padres Highlights July 28, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Training Camp Press Conference ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Opening Day For Training Camp Derek Carr Looks Very Sharp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham’s Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text
- Zennie Abraham’s Live Vlog Response To Oakland Councilmember Loren Taylor’s Institutionally Racist Text To Him
- Jameis Winston Saints QB – Stop The Racist Comments About The Lethal Passer
- FILIPINO GROCERY STORE SA AMERIKA | BUHAY AMERIKA | Oakland Zoo | Pinoy Abroad OFW
- EAST OAKLAND CALIFORNIA / 65TH VILLAGE HOOD (PART 2)
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better Part 2
- The Strong Mayor Government Has Ruined Oakland, Allows Mob Rule – City Manager Form Better
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Tokyo Olympics Games Final All-Around Competition For Mental Health