Oakland – Today, Alameda County announced that the county will advance to the Yellow Tier in the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy reopening framework effective tomorrow, Wednesday, June 9. In the Yellow Tier, indoor dining is allowed at 50% capacity; most retail store capacity increases to 100%; and gyms, fitness centers and yoga studios may operate indoors at 50% capacity with modifications; and movie theaters’ capacity increases to 50%. Bars, where no meals are served, may open indoors at 25% capacity. For the full roster of activities, visit https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/ and enter Alameda in the search field.
The following activities remain restricted in the Yellow Tier and are not allowed by the State to operate:
Businesses may want to use this week to plan for the broad reopening that the State will allow starting June 15. Tomorrow through June 14, businesses and activities permitted to open or expand under the State’s Yellow Tier must continue to comply with the State’s Industry Guidance for that tier: https://covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/. Additional workplace resources can be found here https://covid-19.acgov.org/recovery and https://www.oaklandca.gov/resources/coronavirus-2019-covid-19-business-and-worker-resources
All workplaces governed by Cal/OSHA must follow their current standards and the updated standards starting June 15, including masking requirements for employees.
To help residents and employers understand changing COVID-19 guidance and what moving Beyond the Blueprint means for them, employees, and clients and customers, Alameda County is hosting two Community Updates:
For Residents June 15, from 6-7:30 pm For Employers June 21, from 6-7:30 pm This Community Update will include an overview of Cal/OSHA’s updated standards so the appropriate steps can be taken to ensure a safe work environment after June 15.
To learn more about the updates, visit https://covid-19.acgov.org/beyond-the-blueprint. The livestream for both Community Updates will be available on YouTube and recordings will be available after the events.
Alameda County continues to encourage anyone 12 and older to get vaccinated. The decline in cases and mortality shows that the best protection against COVID-19 is vaccination. All currently available vaccines are safe, effective, free, and widely available. When you are ready, get vaccinated. If you missed your second dose, you should still complete your vaccination series. Visit https://covid-19.acgov.org/vaccines.page?#availability to learn where you can find a vaccination clinic near you.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, get tested and then stay home. Wash your hands regularly.
Keep six feet of distance when you are in public or don’t know the vaccination status of those around you.
Alameda County remains aligned with the State’s face masking mandate. Everyone should wear a mask in indoor public settings, even if fully vaccinated, until State masking guidance changes. If you are fully vaccinated, wear a mask in outdoor crowded settings. If you are unvaccinated continue to wear a mask outdoors any time physical distancing can’t be maintained. Keep it simple: if you don’t know the vaccination status of those around you, wear a mask.
With Alameda County’s movement to the Yellow Tier, the City of Oakland’s Emergency Grocery Worker Hazard Pay sunsets.
In the coming days, the City of Oakland will distribute more information on its planned, phased reopening.
Post based on press release from the City of Oakland to Zennie62Media, Inc.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Jon Gruden Says Alex Leatherwood Already Plays Like A Veteran By Eric Pangilinan
- Peel-A-Pound Soup Recipe To Lose 15 Pounds In One Week
- The Rolling Stones Live In Oakland, October 31 1994 Video Of Concert Zennie Abraham Attended
- Home For Sale Oakland Just Listed | 1049 44th Ave, Oakland CA
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 8.1.21
- Oakland A’s vs. LA Angels – MLB – Free Prediction – August 1 2021 – Ghost Picks Rich
- Oakland church teams up with Kaiser to administer COVID-19 vaccines to community
- Resurrection Oakland Church | August 1, 2021. 10am
- Allen Temple Baptist Church of Oakland August 1, 2021 Worship – Rev Dr Martha Taylor, Brother Michael McCants
- Las Vegas Raiders Could Derek Carr Lose Starting Job? To Marcus Mariota By Eric Pangilinan
- Saints Teaching Jameis Winston Classic Bill Walsh-Style Timed Pass In Training Camp
- Las Vegas Raiders : Vikings Zimmer Echoes Davis Sentiments As He Loses 3 QB’s By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Should NFL Allow Fans In Stadiums? With Delta Variant Going OnBy Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Evan Holyfield Remains Undefeated Evan Is The Real Deal Like His Dad,By Eric Pangilinan
- Joshua Jackson Is Dr. Death On Peacock – 9 Years Ago On Fringe On FOX He Was Peter Bishop – WonderCon Talk
- Seth Evans Oakland Teen Weightlifter Credits Coach, Non-Profit Gym Program
- Resorts World Las Vegas Pool Area Almost Without People In Saturday Night Vlog
- Las Vegas Raiders Kicker Daniel Carlson Third Player To Be Placed On Covid List, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Delta Variant Causes Manila To Lockdown Again,By Eric Pangilinan
- Elaine Thompson-Herah Sets World Record, Jamaican Women Win Tokyo Olympics 100 M 1,2,3