ONN – Oakland A’s To Las Vegas Relocation Explained: Sports Gambling Is Why This Could Happen – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Oakland A’s To Las Vegas Relocation Explained: Sports Gambling Is Why This Could Happen.
This Oakland A’s live vlog on the MLB Oakland Athletics and it’s quest to build a ballpark in Oakland at Howard Terminal or somewhere in Las Vegas is based on an idea originally raised by one of the fans of this channel.
That person wanted me to interview Steven Campbell, the man behind the YouTube channel “Not Leaving Las Vegas”, and said so on Twitter. I remarked that that was a good idea and that I was a fan of his channel where he livestreams around town there. Steven Campbell tweeted that I should email him, and I did, but he has not responded to my email for whatever reason. So, I elected to stop waiting and move forward on the subject myself.
See, Steven Campbell thinks the Oakland A’s will wind up in Oakland; I think the Las Vegas News is there’s a good chance the A’s leave for Las Vegas. While my belief was already firmly in place due to a number of recent occurences with respect to the Oakland pre-development process over the past eight months, the emergence of this new realization hardened my convictions.
On April 29th, 2021, Rob Manfred said that NBA Commissioner Adam Silver gave him good advice about sports gambling. Silver told him that he should not worry about the pace of Major League Baseball, that it was perfect for gambling. I believe that realization set in motion the MLB’s suddenly rekindled interest in Las Vegas. Look at the timing.
It was April 29th that Rob Manfred made that statement about NBA Commissioner Silver’s perspective on gambling and MLB. Then, it was May 11, 2021 – a full 12 days later – when Mr. Manfred made the decision to “release” the Oakland A’s to check out Las Vegas, Portland, and Nashville. So, Oakland A’s President Dave Kaval heads to Las Vegas, but then, during that trip where he sent out the Tweet That Insulted Oakland, Dave also remarked that there was never a plan to go to Portland after Las Vegas. Wow.
So, what that reveals to me is Manfred was, for some reason, trying to smoke-screen his real intentions until Kaval accidentally revealed them with his comment. My hypothesis is Manfred made this decision to take advantage of the sports gambling infrastructure Las Vegas has, that California does not have at this time. I believe he shared this view with A’s Owner John Fisher, and then the trigger was pulled and Kaval was given new marching orders.
If that’s the case, the City of Oakland’s ability to keep the A’s became that much harder – but there’s an offset to that. Dave Kaval asked for a “Raiders sized” public subsidy, and I can tell you that was a giant mistake on the part of the President of The A’s. That happened because Las Vegas Sands Founder and President Sheldon Adelson was able to use his wealth and influence to buy votes on a Republican-leaning Nevada Legislature.
But that was 2016-2017, and now the legendary Sheldon Adelson is in Heaven; the A’s will have to find someone who can serve a the key to a public subsidy for a ballpark located on or near the strip, and right now, that person has not emerged. The Pandemic has financially weakened a lot of people and businesses in the Las Vegas Valley.
So, there’s the pro and con of the idea that the A’s will leave Oakland for Las Vegas. I say it can happen and sports gambling is the reason. But the $36 million in extra annual revenue is not, in itself, enough to move to Las Vegas and build a stadium for. And the A’s can try and move the California Legislature to liberate sports gambling laws so that Indian Casino’s don’t have such a monopoly – or it can work with those same organizations on a sports gambling deal.
This stream is created with #PRISMLiveStudio
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 469 Capital St Oakland, CA 94610
- Lake Merritt Boat Adventure! Oakland, CA.
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II
- For Tokyo Olympics Panasonic Teams With Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky, Others
- Sheng Thao District 4 Councilmember Champions Public Safety Investments for Oakland
- Naomi Osaka Upset By Marketa Vondrousova Tokyo Olympics Women’s Singles 3rd Round
- Governor Newsom Highlights New State Efforts to Encourage More Californians to Get Vaccinated
- California Will Require Vaccinations Or Covid Tests For State Employees And Health Care Workers
- RUGBY 7s TOKYO OLYMPICS Live Reaction (Not Showing Game) DAY 1
- Jade Carey powers her way into the women’s floor final | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Ireland | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Japan Vs Canada | Rugby 7s | Olympics 2021 Highlights
- South Africa Vs USA Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Ireland Vs Kenya Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Argentina Vs South Korea Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- New Zealand Vs Australia Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Lydia Jacoby Gets Gold Medal In Women’s 100 M Breathstroke Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Philippines Uprise In Protest Against President Rodrigo Duterte ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Barbara Boxer Former Senator Assaulted, Robbed In Oakland Jack London Square. Attacker Got Away
- Philippines Team Philippines Wins Gold For The First Time At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan