Congresswoman Barbara Lee Statement: Honor the Service of Veterans by Protecting the Nation They Fought For
Oakland, CA – Congresswoman Barbara Lee (CA-13) issued the following statement today honoring the service of our nation’s veterans.
“As we begin to build back after a year of tragedy and uncertainty, it is important that we pause and take stock of the sacrifices that veterans and service members have made and continue to make for our country.
Service members have answered the call of duty both abroad and at home throughout this crisis. Always rising to the occasion, even during a time of pandemic. Many reported to duty right here at home by manning food banks and setting up emergency medical facilities throughout the country.
Today is about honoring the commitment our service members both past and present have made to this country and the commitment that we have made to them.
I am the proud daughter of a veteran and I am committed to ensuring veterans and their families not only receive the benefits entitled to them but that they also are supported in civilian life.
This Memorial Day, we must honor veterans by protecting the nation they fought for – by making sure that everyone in our country has the help they need to stay healthy, recover and thrive, and that all Americans are able to exercise their fundamental right to vote.
Today I offer my deepest gratitude to all who have served and their families. My thoughts and prayers are with you.”
Who is Congresswoman Barbara Lee of 13th Congressional District, Oakland
Congresswoman Lee is a member of the House Appropriations Committee and Chair of the subcommittee on State and Foreign Operations. She serves as Co-Chair of the Steering & Policy Committee, former Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, Chair Emeritus of the Progressive Caucus, Co-Chair of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus Health Task Force, and Co-Chair of the Pro-Choice Caucus. She also serves as Chair of the Majority Leader’s Task Force on Poverty and Opportunity. As a member of the House Democratic Leadership, she is the highest ranking African American woman in the U.S. Congress.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Hall Of Fame: Troy Polamalu discussion Understanding His Desire To Attend By Joseph Armendariz
- NFL News: Former Steeler Troy Polamalu Test Positive He Wants To Attend HOF By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders: Mark Davis Sends Message To Raider Nation – Get The Vaccine By Joseph Armendariz
- Sunisa Lee Gold Medal In 2021 Olympics Celebrated By Oakland’s Sheng Thao Fellow Hmong American
- Boxing Manny Pacquaio Protege Marical Close To Winning Gold At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders LA Dodger Maxx Scherzer Is A Die Hard Raider Fan,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Scouting Team Keeping Eye On Top CB Prospect Kiir Elam, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines The US Is Sending Million Doses Of Moderna Vaccine To The Philippines,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Solomon Thomas Shows Support For Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Deontay Wilder Says Tyson Fury Lying About Getting Covid,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland’s West Oakland Homeless Population, Small Business, Need AB 464 For Economic Development
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Says He Feels A Sense Of Urgency With The Defense,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders RTC Offering Express Buss Service To Allegiant Stadium,By Eric Pangilinan
- Festival At The Lake Oakland, CA
- Las Vegas Raiders: Breaking News Regarding Theo Riddick and Kenyan Drake By Joseph Armendariz
- Video Tour of 719 Mandana Blvd, Oakland
- Video Tour of 330 13th St Unit 3B in Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority Unanimously Approves Term Sheet for African- American Led Group to Bring WNBA Team to Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Gus Bradley Brought Back Commitment To Excellence? By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike San Francisco: Market St: Ferry to the Castro, then Twin Peaks fog & return.