ONN – Las Vegas Mayor Says City Had ‘Great Discussion’ With Oakland A’s Management – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman says she met with the Oakland Athletics management.
And the Mayor of Las Vegas said it via this tweet:
We had a great discussion with the @Athletics' management, and we look forward to future talks with the team to showcase the advantages of moving to Southern Nevada.
— Carolyn G. Goodman (@mayoroflasvegas) May 27, 2021
Right now, the one fact hampering the Oakland A’s move to Las Vegas is the fact that they asked for public money. That was buried in a Las Vegas Review Journal post from this week:
How that would be financed was loosely mentioned during Tuesday’s talks, but the source indicated the A’s are interested in pursuing a public-private partnership, similar to what the Raiders received when they relocated to Las Vegas from Oakland.
The Raiders received $750 million in public money toward the $2 billion cost for Allegiant Stadium. The money is being generated by a .88 percent tax on hotel rooms in Clark County.
The source said there is little desire from the county to offer much, if any, public funding to build a possible MLB stadium.
What a colossal blunber on the part of Oakland A’s President Dave Kaval. Just one week after it was announced that Clark County, Nevada had to draw down $18 million to avoid non-payment of the debt service on the $645 million, here comes the Oakland A’s with their hand out, asking for the public to give them a deal “like the Raiders received” of $750 million in public money (the $645 million bond proceeds, and the $100 million in pre-collected pay-as-you-go funds gathered between fiscal years 2017 and 2018).
Wow. Did the A’s read the Las Vegas press, or Oakland News Now, before embarking on their journey to Las Vegas to then beg for public money?
I will expand on this more, today, because it signals a sea change for the Oakland A’s. The organization is not crowing about privately financing a Las Vegas Stadium; the have been in Oakland.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Boxing Could A Mega Fight Between Keith Thurman And Errol Spence Happen? By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: GM Mike Mayock Comes Down Wirh Delta Variant By Joseph Armendariz
- Raiders Richie Incognito Is Right: Music Choices Today Are Terrible Compared To Past Generations
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Update: Dave Kaval Oakland A’s Pres Not Tweeted Since July 20th, Meaning..
- Kyle Lowry Agrees To Sign And Trade With Miami Heat, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Lonzo Ball Signs A 4-Year, $85 Million Deal With The Chicago Bulls
- Las Vegas Raiders: With Kicker Carlson Out Should Raiders Sign Marquette King? By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Colts Interested In QB Marcus Mariota That Deal Won’t Happen,By Eric Pangilinan
- Resorts World Las Vegas Dead Pool Area Video By Not Leaving Las Vegas – Truth Vs Fiction
- Las Vegas Raiders: Richie Incognito Talks Come Back And Music Choices In Camp By Joseph Armendariz
- Are Masks KILLING Vegas? A livestream look…
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 08.01.21
- Rimini Street Foundation Teams up with Boys and Girls Club of Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders Bisaccia, Brown, Incognito And Renfrow Press Conference For August 2, 2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Leona Canyon Keller – Grass Valley
- Oakland Strong Mayor Government Caused City Managment Instability Over The Years
- Steven Donziger Convicted Of Criminal Contempt Of Judge Lewis Lapham
- Oakland Gang Wars – Best Upcoming Rappers In Oakland Part 1
- Boxing Paradigm Sports Still Trying To Stop Manny Pacquaio Errol Spence Fight By Eric Pangilinan
- Miley Cyrus Performs Party in the USA Live at Lollapalooza 2021