ONN – Howard Terminal Ballpark: Alameda Co’s Nate Miley Says City of Oakland Didn’t Share TIF Estimates – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Howard Terminal Ballpark: Alameda Co’s Nate Miley Says City of Oakland Didn’t Share TIF Estimates
Nate Miley, Alameda County Supervisor and Oakland Coliseum Joint Powers Authority Chairperson, told me that the City of Oakland did not share any Howard Terminal Tax Increment Financing TIF District revenue estimates with him when it approached him about the impact of a tax revenue from that area.
This is important because when forming a TIF District, the money collected is normally split between (in this case) The City of Oakland, County of Alameda, BART, AC Transit, and the East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) Flood Control District.
So, what the head of the redevelopment agency is supposed to do is meet with each organization to discuss the potential revenue loss, and give the taxing agency a chance to negotiate what is called a “pass through”. This can be tricky because if the County asks for its full 35 percent of the TIF revenue, that would be more than what it would get if the tax was collected as if there was no district.
Since SB 293 Skinner calls for TIF revenue to be used not just for the A’s but also for any project the new city agency picks, the money can be spent to actually help Alameda County in whatever initiative it has going or planned.
Supervisor Miley’s news about what the City of Oakland is not doing is stunning, and it points to what, in my opinion is a crisis of competence. In the days of the active California Redevelopment Law, and where Oakland had an experienced staff, errors like this were unheard of. My first job out of grad school at Cal was calculating TIF revenue for two project areas: the Coliseum Redevelopment Survey Area and the Oakland / Emeryville Redevelopment Survey Area where the Home Depot exists today.
That was 1987-1988, and I created a special spreadsheet I called “The Area Redevelopment Economic Model”. Where’s the City of Oakland’s model today? It seems to me that Oakland has actually regressed in this area.
It’s wrong for anyone involved in this project to throw around ideas about TIF and tax revenues and direction of monies without a true model where scenarios can be ran. It’s completely unfair to the Oakland tax payer. It’s also wrong for the East Oakland Stadium Alliance to attack a project without knowing what the revenue estimates are, or how they can be used to help the local maritime industry, in accordance with SB 293 Skinner.
Stay tuned for updates.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Simone Biles Withdraws From Tokyo Olympics Games Final All-Around Competition For Mental Health
- Simone Biles Withdrew From Tokyo Olympics Team Finals, Clay Travis Racism Blinds Him To Facts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Vs Vitor Belfort Will Be A Real Boxing Match,By Eric Pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Update: Oakland A’s Dave Kaval On Vacation, Las Vegas Still Option
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Last State Of The Union Speech Same Lies By Eric Pangilinan
- The Flash Movie News: Ben Affleck Returns With New Batsuit And Batcycle By Joseph Armendariz
- Barbara Boxer Oakland Assault, Atlanta Police Kick Black Woman In The Head – Police Reform Needed
- Jungle Cruise The Movie: My Thoughts And Review By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike Oakland: to Fruitvale BART, from Lake Merritt BART
- Bike Oakland: Leona Heights Park
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Is Very Excited For Training Camp,By Eric Pangilinan
- 1511 Lafayette Street Alameda | Alameda Homes For Sale
- 871 43rd St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- 7111 Pinehaven Rd Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Inside West Oakland hood “Lower Bottoms ” and it’s battle with gentrification 7.26.21
- Philippines Manny Pacquaio Shows His Love To Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Training Camp Press Conference Reaction By Joseph Armendariz
- FNC Reports: Former Dem Sen Barbara Boxer “Assaulted” In Dem-Run Oakland Amid Nationwide Crime Spike
- Oakland Aerial City Tour and Historical Sites (4k Drone Video)
- Boxing Anthony Joshua Says He Would Fight Tyson Fury,By Eric Pangilinan