(Update: The Mayor of Oakland, Libby Schaaf (or was it a staffer?), tweets she’s excited for Game 7, but will she host a watch party?)
It was a weird game. A very unusual NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6, and because both teams, the (one has to use caps here) Defending NBA Champion Golden State Warriors (which this space prefers to call “The Oakland Warriors”) versus the specially-designed-to-beat-The-Warriors Houston Rockets. And the Rockets almost lived out the intentions of the design, when all stars James Harden and Chris Paul were brought together in what’s called Space City.
The Rockets got ahead of the Warriors by as much as 17 points in the first half, but the Warriors pulled close to end that part of the game and go into halftime down by just 7 points. Then, when the 3rd Quarter of the game started, so did the previously sleeping Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.
In the 3rd Quarter “The Splash Brothers” of Curry and Thompson hit threes that failed to fall in the first half. They combined to propel the Warriors to 33 to 16 in that quarter, then turned it on, and added timely defense and scoring from Nick Young and the Warriors bench, Oakland knotched another 31 points in the 4th Quarter versus just nine for the visiting Rockets. Klay Thompson lead all Warriors with 35 points.
The Warriors breakout performance turned Oracle Arena into “Roaracle Arena” yet again. The Warriors won, 115 to 86, and everyone’s excited, including the Mayor of Oakland, Libby Schaaf, who tweeted this message 40 minutes ago before this post was uploaded:
Gritty win by the Champs, I'm ready for Game 7 — hey #DubNation RT if you're ready for the NBA Finals to come back to Oakland. Let's do this.
— Libby Schaaf (@LibbySchaaf) May 27, 2018
Will Libby host a watch party? Stay tuned.
But the question is, can the Oakland Warriors carry that amazing play into the other-Worldly experience that will be the NBA Western Conference Finals Game 7 in Houston, Monday night?
That depends on Chris Paul.
While the Rockets did come out and look like they were going to send the Warriors home after Game 6, the Warriors re-discovered tight team defense and their three-game to win. Could that have happened with a healthy Chris Paul, and will he return for Game 7?
While all of the tweets seem to point to “no” as the answer, we’ll have to wait and see. Meanwhile, bookmark Oakland News Online and subscribe to Zennie62 on YouTube. Stay tuned for our Sunday through Thursday livestream show 8:30 PM PST / 11:30 PM EST on the Zennie62 YouTube channel.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Philippines Uprise In Protest Against President Rodrigo Duterte ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Barbara Boxer Former Senator Assaulted, Robbed In Oakland Jack London Square. Attacker Got Away
- Philippines Team Philippines Wins Gold For The First Time At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Line Has To Improve For The Raiders To Win,By Eric Pangilinan
- Doctor Who | Comic-Con@Home 2021
- Jameis Winston’s Throws On The Money, Dropping Dimes To Receivers Before Saints Training Camp
- Hidilyn Diaz wins the Philippines’ first-ever Olympic gold medal | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Oakland Gang Wars – #Dre West Oakland Attempted Murder Charges Allegedly Face 20 Years If Convicted
- AB 464 Ignored – Oakland City Council Would Rather Get High Than Get Money To Small Business
- Zennie Abraham Of Zennie62Media Makes A YouTube Short
- Oakland Police Crime Report July 19-July 25 2021 – 75 Homicides To Date
- Rebecca Kaplan Asks Oakland City Council To Back MACRO, WNBA Coliseum Lease
- How Skateboarding, Surfing, and Climbing Became Olympic Sports | World Debut
- Canada’s Maggie MacNeil wins gold in women’s 100m butterfly nailbiter | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Ariarne Titmus dethrones Katie Ledecky for women’s 400m freestyle gold | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Kenya | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Fiji vs. Japan | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Sweet July Cafe At 455 23rd Street Oakland Focus Of Email Marketing Scam By Restaurantji.com
- Team USA Men’s Basketball Suffers Stunning Loss to France in the Olympics | CBS Sports HQ
- A’s President Dave Kaval Talks To Chris Maathuis On Las Vegas Ballpark