ONN – Oakland A’s Rent: They Don’t Owe Rent At Oakland Coliseum, Here’s Why With A’s Statement, Coliseum JPA Words
The Oakland A’s don’t owe rent at the Oakland Coliseum, and for a set of reasons that match the Coliseum Joint Powers Authority report of May 15th, 2020. Here’s an excerpt:
Requests for Use of the Parking Lot for COVID-19 Testing and Use of the Arena for Antibody Testing. We continue to get multiple requests for use of the parking lot for COVID-19 testing and more recently a request for use of the Arena for antibody testing. We have responded to each inquiry by requesting information in writing the name of the organization, the principal person making the request, dates and times of use, number of persons to be tested, approval by the County Health Department, and plans for traffic control. Protocols for use of the Arena for antibody testing require a higher level of review and approval, and cannot proceed without supervision by qualified medical personnel. When provided with these requirements, none of the requesters have followed up. We have also received a request for use of the Stadium for a series of graduation ceremonies. We have denied those requests.
Financial Impacts from Cancelled or Postponed Events at Arena and Stadium
The General Manager of AEG/ASM is providing a report on the financial impacts of cancelled or postponed events. Given the current state of the shelter in place orders and the conditions the Governor has imposed for re-opening, it is unlikely that we will be able to host any events before September and perhaps not before January 2021. It is imperative that AEG/ASM substantially reduce its operating expenses for the remainder of this fiscal year and next fiscal year. Even if the mandates are lifted before September, a prudent conservative expectation is that attendance will be light and should be incorporated in any projections.
Oakland A’s statement:
Given the local state of emergency due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Oakland Coliseum has been kept available by the City of Oakland and Alameda County as a potential surge location. Due to this important health measure, the local shelter-in-place directive, and the state and local bans on public gatherings of more than 1,000 people at City facilities – including the Coliseum – the Joint Powers Authority has been unable to make the Coliseum available for the use by the A’s. The A’s have fully supported the health directives and community efforts by the City of Oakland, Alameda County and the State. The A’s sent notice to the JPA in March stating the Club is in support of these public health efforts and would defer annual rent payment, given the building was not available for use by the organization, per provisions in the contract. The A’s look forward to when the City and County feel it is safe to lift current directives, and the A’s are granted access to the facility to play baseball.
So, as you can see, the Oakland Coliseum JPA basically said the A’s don’t have to pay rent. For the Oakland A’s to be treated this way in the middle of The Pandemic is purely awful. It is time to alter the Coliseum JPA so that politicians are no longer on it.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Home For Sale 469 Capital St Oakland, CA 94610
- Lake Merritt Boat Adventure! Oakland, CA.
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II
- For Tokyo Olympics Panasonic Teams With Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky, Others
- Sheng Thao District 4 Councilmember Champions Public Safety Investments for Oakland
- Naomi Osaka Upset By Marketa Vondrousova Tokyo Olympics Women’s Singles 3rd Round
- Governor Newsom Highlights New State Efforts to Encourage More Californians to Get Vaccinated
- California Will Require Vaccinations Or Covid Tests For State Employees And Health Care Workers
- RUGBY 7s TOKYO OLYMPICS Live Reaction (Not Showing Game) DAY 1
- Jade Carey powers her way into the women’s floor final | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Ireland | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Japan Vs Canada | Rugby 7s | Olympics 2021 Highlights
- South Africa Vs USA Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Ireland Vs Kenya Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Argentina Vs South Korea Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- New Zealand Vs Australia Highlights | Rugby 7s | Olympics Highlights 2021
- Lydia Jacoby Gets Gold Medal In Women’s 100 M Breathstroke Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Philippines Uprise In Protest Against President Rodrigo Duterte ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Barbara Boxer Former Senator Assaulted, Robbed In Oakland Jack London Square. Attacker Got Away
- Philippines Team Philippines Wins Gold For The First Time At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan