ONN – Star Wars Day Is City Of Oakland’s Birthday! Oakland Turns 169 Years Old! Happy Birthday Oakland! – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Star Wars Day Is City Of Oakland’s Birthday! Oakland Turns 169 Years Old! Happy Birthday Oakland!
While everyone seems to know that today is Star Wars Day, May 4th (May The Fourth Be With You!), many do now know that this day is also the City of Oakland’s birthday! Oakland was born as a City on May 4th May 4, 1852.
For some reason, and as long as I have been a resident of our city, Oakland has been allergic to celebrating its own birthday. And given the power of the obvious connection between Star Wars Day and Oakland’s Birthday, you’d think we’d have our own celebration by now, and invite George Lucas and Mark Hamill, and, well, you get the idea.
It seems like Oakland’s so busy fretting about its problems it can’t take time to celebrate itself. How are Oaklanders supposed to feel good about Oakland if the city government can’t show it feels good about Oakland?
We have a problem.
Go To The Alley Cat Bar At 3325 Grand Avenue And Sing The Oakland Song
Let’s celebrate Oakland. Go down to The Alley Cat Bar at 3325 Grand Avenue and belt out the Oakland Song. Here’s the lyrics, for ya:
(wm) Wayne Pope & The Good Time Washboard III (P) The Good Time Washboard III
Verse: I am sure that you’re aware of famous cities everywhere,
The ones they write about in song and verse.
There are songs about Chicago, London, Paris and St. Paul, Buffalo, Miami, and for God’s sake Beaver Falls. Beaver Falls!
But Tin Pan Alley did us wrong, they never wrote a song
About the greatest city of them all.
Now don’t go ’way; I hope you’ll stay
And hear this song I wrote today:
Chorus: Oakland’s got the Tribune Tower
Oakland’s got Lake Merritt too; she’s got Jack London Square
The Alley Cat is there! The Kaiser Center sticks up everywhere
Where did all the people go when ’Frisco burned?
They all went to Oakland and they never returned.
Right outside the city limits scoots a freeway called the Nimitz.
Of all the pretty cities she’s the leader And don’t forget the tube to Alameda
Well, she’s got pride (PRIDE!), hope (HOPE!)
Oh what a view: Oakland we’re for you
(DON’T MEAN MILPITAS!) Oakland we’re for you
This stream is created with #PRISMLiveStudio
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Katie Ledecky Wins 1st Olympics Gold Medal 1500m Freestyle Women’s Swimming – Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Last State Of The Union Speech Same Lies By Eric Pangilinan
- The Flash Movie News: Ben Affleck Returns With New Batsuit And Batcycle By Joseph Armendariz
- Barbara Boxer Oakland Assault, Atlanta Police Kick Black Woman In The Head – Police Reform Needed
- Jungle Cruise The Movie: My Thoughts And Review By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike Oakland: to Fruitvale BART, from Lake Merritt BART
- Bike Oakland: Leona Heights Park
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Is Very Excited For Training Camp,By Eric Pangilinan
- 1511 Lafayette Street Alameda | Alameda Homes For Sale
- 871 43rd St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- 7111 Pinehaven Rd Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Inside West Oakland hood “Lower Bottoms ” and it’s battle with gentrification 7.26.21
- Philippines Manny Pacquaio Shows His Love To Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Training Camp Press Conference Reaction By Joseph Armendariz
- FNC Reports: Former Dem Sen Barbara Boxer “Assaulted” In Dem-Run Oakland Amid Nationwide Crime Spike
- Oakland Aerial City Tour and Historical Sites (4k Drone Video)
- Boxing Anthony Joshua Says He Would Fight Tyson Fury,By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Live: Coach Gruden Presser – 7.27.21
- Las Vegas Raiders Henry Ruggs 111 Gets A High Ranking On Madden 2022,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders : 2021 Season Training Camp Preview By Joseph Armendariz