Ten years ago, I joined President Obama and members of our national security team, crowded into the Situation Room to watch as our military delivered long-awaited justice to Osama bin Laden. It is a moment I will never forget—the intelligence professionals who had painstakingly tracked him down; the clarity and conviction of President Obama in making the call; the courage and skill of our team on the ground. It had been almost ten years since our nation was attacked on 9/11 and we went to war in Afghanistan, pursuing al Qaeda and its leaders. We followed bin Laden to the gates of hell—and we got him. We kept the promise to all those who lost loved ones on 9/11: that we would never forget those we had lost, and that the United States will never waver in our commitment to prevent another attack on our homeland and to keep the American people safe.
Now, as a result of those efforts, as we bring to an end America’s longest war and draw down the last of our troops from Afghanistan, al Qaeda is greatly degraded there. But the United States will remain vigilant about the threat from terrorist groups that have metastasized around the world. We will continue to monitor and disrupt any threat to us that emerges from Afghanistan. And we will work to counter terrorist threats to our homeland and our interests in cooperation with allies and partners around the world.
I want to give my enduring thanks to the service members who executed the raid at great personal risk and the public servants across our government who made our mission a success ten years ago. We will continue to honor all the brave women and men, our military, our intelligence and counterterrorism professionals, and so many others, who continue their extraordinary work to keep the American people safe today. They give their best to our country, and we owe them an incredible debt of gratitude.
Post based on press release from Biden White House to Zennie62Media, Inc.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Bike Oakland: to Fruitvale BART, from Lake Merritt BART
- Bike Oakland: Leona Heights Park
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Is Very Excited For Training Camp,By Eric Pangilinan
- 1511 Lafayette Street Alameda | Alameda Homes For Sale
- 871 43rd St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- 7111 Pinehaven Rd Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Inside West Oakland hood “Lower Bottoms ” and it’s battle with gentrification 7.26.21
- Philippines Manny Pacquaio Shows His Love To Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Training Camp Press Conference Reaction By Joseph Armendariz
- FNC Reports: Former Dem Sen Barbara Boxer “Assaulted” In Dem-Run Oakland Amid Nationwide Crime Spike
- Oakland Aerial City Tour and Historical Sites (4k Drone Video)
- Boxing Anthony Joshua Says He Would Fight Tyson Fury,By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Live: Coach Gruden Presser – 7.27.21
- Las Vegas Raiders Henry Ruggs 111 Gets A High Ranking On Madden 2022,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders : 2021 Season Training Camp Preview By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Davante Adams Still Could Join The Raiders Just Not This Year,By Eric Pangilinan
- MC Hammer Was The Oakland A’s Vice President, Youngest Baseball Executive, Ever
- Home For Sale 469 Capital St Oakland, CA 94610
- Lake Merritt Boat Adventure! Oakland, CA.
- The Oakland Roots Continue to Struggle, and Get Shutout to the LA Galaxy II