ONN – SF’s Loss Was Oakland’s Gain in Bloomberg Pandemic Population Move Study, Which Brings Up Race – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
SF’s Loss Was Oakland’s Gain in Bloomberg Pandemic Population Movement Study, Which Brings Up Race
The Bloomberg Pandemic Population Movement Study was presented via a tweet on Twitter, and the video above looks at the interactive map and what it reports about the San Francisco Bay Area. A summary of the findings:
1. By map count, about 100,000 people have left San Francisco, a dramatic population drop to happen in a short period of time.
2. The vast majority of people moved to central California cities, like Frenso.
3. Another 6,000 moved to the Los Angeles basin region.
4. Another 20,000 moved to the East Bay, paced by Oakland and Berkeley.
This gets to my point about Oakland. It is quite clear that a lot of people from San Francisco have been literally dumped on Oakland. This will cause a major cultural shift, because San Francisco resident demographics tend to be mostly white, then Asian – only about 5 percent are African American.
The question is will this new population dump continue the gentrification pressures that, combined with our shortage of affordable housing, forced the giant homeless problem we have, right now?
The best current quick fix is for the Oakland Rent Board to be empowered to better respond to illegal eviction attempts. One organization, Madison Park, was noted as being a possible violator of Oakland’s eviction moratorium laws. What would Madison Park REIT, who’s CEO is my long-time friend John Protopappas, gain from such an action, if that was the case? Well, opening housing units to this new demand market. But it’s wrong to throw people out of their homes for such a reason. In defense of John, he told one publication that’s not what he was trying to do:
Madison Park declined an interview request from NBC Bay Area but said through an attorney that the company sent the 15-day pay or quit notices in compliance with California’s statewide eviction moratorium that took effect in September.
“These are notices that were issued in compliance with AB 3088,” Attorney Servando Sandoval said.
“Madison had no intention of pursuing any eviction for non-payment of rent. Madison was simply issuing the 15-Day Notices to meet the requirements of AB 3088.”
The city’s data shows eviction notices spiked across the city after AB 3088 went into effect last September.
Between April 1 and August 31 of last year, landlords served 132 eviction notices for failure to pay rent. But in the three months that followed the passage of that new state law, landlords served 350 eviction notices for failure to pay rent.
However, Oakland City Attorney’s Office says the statewide moratorium has very little impact on Oakland’s much stronger eviction protections, and tenant attorneys say they believe the Madison Park notices are inaccurate and misleading.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Hall Of Fame: Troy Polamalu discussion Understanding His Desire To Attend By Joseph Armendariz
- NFL News: Former Steeler Troy Polamalu Test Positive He Wants To Attend HOF By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders: Mark Davis Sends Message To Raider Nation – Get The Vaccine By Joseph Armendariz
- Sunisa Lee Gold Medal In 2021 Olympics Celebrated By Oakland’s Sheng Thao Fellow Hmong American
- Boxing Manny Pacquaio Protege Marical Close To Winning Gold At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders LA Dodger Maxx Scherzer Is A Die Hard Raider Fan,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Scouting Team Keeping Eye On Top CB Prospect Kiir Elam, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines The US Is Sending Million Doses Of Moderna Vaccine To The Philippines,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Solomon Thomas Shows Support For Simone Biles,By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Deontay Wilder Says Tyson Fury Lying About Getting Covid,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland’s West Oakland Homeless Population, Small Business, Need AB 464 For Economic Development
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Says He Feels A Sense Of Urgency With The Defense,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders RTC Offering Express Buss Service To Allegiant Stadium,By Eric Pangilinan
- Festival At The Lake Oakland, CA
- Las Vegas Raiders: Breaking News Regarding Theo Riddick and Kenyan Drake By Joseph Armendariz
- Video Tour of 719 Mandana Blvd, Oakland
- Video Tour of 330 13th St Unit 3B in Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority Unanimously Approves Term Sheet for African- American Led Group to Bring WNBA Team to Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Gus Bradley Brought Back Commitment To Excellence? By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike San Francisco: Market St: Ferry to the Castro, then Twin Peaks fog & return.