ONN – Oakland A’s Privately Financed Howard Terminal Ballpark $1 Billion In TIF Revenue Known Since 2010 – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Oakland A’s Privately Financed Howard Terminal Ballpark $1 Billion In TIF Revenue Known Since 2010
The news that a tax increment financing district around the Oakland A’s Ballpark would yield $1 billion in tax increment is not new and has been around since 2010 and the Gruen and Gruen Study.
The difference is that now, the California Legislature and California Governor Gavin Newsom signed a new redevelopment provision into law specifically for Howard Terminal Ballpark.
The Mayor of Oakland and The Oakland City Council are not handling this correctly. At a time when Oakland needs money, the elected officials should be making wish lists for expenditures of funds for housing and infrastructure and community needs in their areas. The law allows that.
Instead they act like they don’t understand the project. The tax increment revenue is public money that is caused by the A’s private ownership of the stadium which means they pay property taxes. The TIF formula of revenue collection drives that to $1 billion because of the value of the new stadium which will be $2 billion.
That is money so large that the Mayor and the City of Oakland City Council should have plans not just for enviromental spending for Howard Terminal, which is about $180 million, but for affordable housing in each council district and healthcare and homeless costs that Alameda County are facing. Indeed, the Howard Terminal Redevelopment Law calls for the City to have a managerial system to determine the use of TIF money from the A’s Project around Oakland.
We also need a plan for negotiating with taxing agencies like BART, AC Transit, Alameda County Flood Control and EBMUD.
The Mayor was wrong to call out the Oakland A’s and must get to work. The public money is generated by the A’s and for the city. That is a calculated and legislative fact.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Could Derek Carr Lose Starting Job? To Marcus Mariota By Eric Pangilinan
- Saints Teaching Jameis Winston Classic Bill Walsh-Style Timed Pass In Training Camp
- Las Vegas Raiders : Vikings Zimmer Echoes Davis Sentiments As He Loses 3 QB’s By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Should NFL Allow Fans In Stadiums? With Delta Variant Going OnBy Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Evan Holyfield Remains Undefeated Evan Is The Real Deal Like His Dad,By Eric Pangilinan
- Joshua Jackson Is Dr. Death On Peacock – 9 Years Ago On Fringe On FOX He Was Peter Bishop – WonderCon Talk
- Seth Evans Oakland Teen Weightlifter Credits Coach, Non-Profit Gym Program
- Resorts World Las Vegas Pool Area Almost Without People In Saturday Night Vlog
- Las Vegas Raiders Kicker Daniel Carlson Third Player To Be Placed On Covid List, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Delta Variant Causes Manila To Lockdown Again,By Eric Pangilinan
- Elaine Thompson-Herah Sets World Record, Jamaican Women Win Tokyo Olympics 100 M 1,2,3
- Caleb Dressel Paces Mens 4×100 Medley Relay Gold Medal Winning Team
- Las Vegas Raiders Kicker Daniel Carlson Third Player To Be Placed On Covid List,By Eric Pangilinan
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights (7/31/21) – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro C
- Boxing Are Celebrity Boxing Matches Entertaining? By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Josh Jacobs Makes Revelations about Kirby Wilson And RB Core By Joseph Armendariz
- Belinda Bencic First Swiss Woman To Get Gold Medal After Beating Marketa Vondrousova
- Las Vegas Raiders Who Is Defense Coordinator Gus Bradley?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Aviation Museum in Oakland California. A complete walkthrough in 4k.