ONN – Oakland A’s Ballpark Project At Howard Terminal Is $2 Billion, Not $12 Billion – Media Fail – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Oakland A’s Ballpark Project At Howard Terminal Is $2 Billion, Not $12 Billion – Media Fail
The Oakland A’s put out an email which lays out project costs and public benefits. It looks like this:
Oakland is our home. Together, we’ve shared so many memories at the Coliseum, but the Coliseum is at the end of its useful life. We need a new, modern, fan and player friendly ballpark.
We have a bold vision for a waterfront ballpark at Howard Terminal, and we’ve spent the last three years in pursuit of this goal. This project means more than just a ballpark for us and for Oakland: public access to the waterfront, greenspace and parks, housing for Oaklanders, union jobs, and countless community benefits. We’ve held more than 200 meetings with the community as part of a first-of-its-kind race and equity driven community benefits process.
We are prepared to make even more significant investments in Oakland, for the residents and community. Today, we publicly released our financial offer to the City and Community and now we respectfully ask that the Oakland City Council take a vote on our project before summer recess.
Our Development Agreement Term Sheet provides that:
The Oakland Athletics will privately finance a $1B+, architecturally significant and state of the art ballpark on Oakland’s waterfront at Howard Terminal.
The Oakland Athletics will fully fund all on-site project costs through private financing and project-generated revenues, including public parks, protection against sea level rise, and environmental remediation.
The Oakland Athletics will commit to using unionized labor in the construction of the Ballpark Project and the operation of the ballpark.
The Oakland Athletics will earmark $450M of project-generated revenue to be used for community benefits, such as affordable housing. The City of Oakland and the community will direct how those funds are spent.
The Ballpark Project will be the most environmentally sustainable project of its kind in California history, and will meet the environmental mandates of AB 734, which include local greenhouse gas reduction measures.
At full build out, the Ballpark Project will bring approximately $955M to the City of Oakland’s General Fund.
Let’s keep this project momentum moving forward. Please join us in urging the City Council to review and take action.
Oakland A’s President
Now read that? Did you come up with $12 billion? Hello no. Well one news organization had the nerve to do that. Can anyone add anymore?
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Corgis Singing Happy Birthday To Zennie Abraham
- Las Vegas Raiders Third Raider Player To Retire – Sam Young Announces Retirement By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Launches City’s First Tiny Home Village On City-Owned Parcel At Lake Merritt
- Best Highlights and Sounds From the First Padded Practice of 2021 Training Camp | Las Vegas Raiders
- Yan Gomes after homering in his first Oakland A’s game
- Solo walk around the world famous Lake Merritt in Oakland Ca. My first ever visit
- Oakland Adams Point National Night Out Block Party Tonight Aug 3 5 PM-8PM, Van Buren Av & Bellevue
- Boxing Promoter Bob Arum Setting Up A Fight Between Tyson Fury And Anthony Joshua By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Lose Second Player To Retirement Jalen Richard Returns By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Josh Jacobs Excited For First Day At Training Camp With Pads By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders New Receiver John Brown Praises QB Derek Carr By Eric Pangilinan
- First day with pads. Aug 3, 2021
- Boeing Starliner Launch Canceled For Today August 3 2021 Due To Propulsion System
- LIVE Launch Of Boeing / NASA Starliner To The ISS
- Simone Biles wins bronze medal in balance beam final after taking time off for mental health
- Retired Cop Reacts to Guy Stealing Toyota Sienna in Oakland – Private Investigator
- OUSD Celebrates New Facilities Across Oakland For First Day of School, August 9 2021
- Watch Simone Biles’ podium training routine ahead of beam comeback | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Best of Day 10 at the Tokyo Olympics: Simone Biles will compete in beam final | NBC Sports
- Simone Biles motivate Jade Carey for winning gold medal in floor exercise, Olympics highlights video