ONN – Zennie Abraham With Long Time Friend Jackie Simpkins, Alley Cat Oakland Bar Owner, In Vegas – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Zennie Abraham With Long Time Friend Jackie Simpkins, Alley Cat Oakland Bar Owner, In Vegas
For reasons that really cone down to baser racism, there are some small sad folks in Oakland who got triggered when i made a vlog / blog post announcing that The Alley Cat Bar on 3325 Grand Avenue, was reopening.
The reasons given boil down to masked racism for me, because of a silly claim of “accuracy” (or lack thereof) and because i refer to The Alley Cat Bar as just that: The Alley Cat Bar. I have also called it The Alley. The whole deal is silly but again that’s racism for you.
The idea expressed in a passive-aggressive way on Facebook is that I, because I am a black guy, don’t have true knowledge about The Alley, or know the late piano player Rod Dibble. Seriously. Well, here’s Rod at the piano with me and other patrons in 2010:
But that sentiment is expressed on Facebook by the act of tagging me and making up a silly issue of the name I use to for The Alley Cat Bar, “The Alley Cat Bar”, and by a small set of people, all white save for one, and none black.
It continues a habit borne of white media which would come in to write something about The Alley, and ignore talking to me as a regular, and zero in on white regulars, only. This has gone on for years – well, decades, really, since I go back to 1997 as a regular. The only more recent coverage of The Alley that showed its true diversity was in SFGate.com last December. But, overall, that racism is one of many reasons why I started my own media company, Zennie62Media, Inc.
Anyway, then came the communication which implies that I have no personal ties to The Alley. All of this is on Facebook, which has become a cesspool for mindless rants and racist exchanges.
But I digress.
So, I elected to make this vlog that shows Jackie Simpkins, who owns The Alley, and I, have been great long time friends. Here, we were in Las Vegas having dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe in The Venetian Hotel, January 13, 2018.
I have had my 40th and 50th birthdays at The Alley. And, as Jackie says “some call it The Alley, I call it The Alley, others call it The Alley Cat, but why is this an issue?”
For me, its a matter of search engine optimization, cultural habit, and those damn cats in the original sign.
PS: I have noticed that some people use the term “accuracy” whenever an online account does not fit their opinion: the fact is, there are many views of an event or action or person, place, or thing. Everyone has a right to hold their view. Please stop using the word “accuracy” to try and put down my vlogger and blogger form of media (gotta merge those two names), and make yourself look smarter than someone else – it winds up making you look bad, or in this case, racist. I am entitled to my view of the world. Take the red pill.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rebecca Kaplan Asks Oakland City Council To Back MACRO, WNBA Coliseum Lease
- How Skateboarding, Surfing, and Climbing Became Olympic Sports | World Debut
- Canada’s Maggie MacNeil wins gold in women’s 100m butterfly nailbiter | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Ariarne Titmus dethrones Katie Ledecky for women’s 400m freestyle gold | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Kenya | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Fiji vs. Japan | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Sweet July Cafe At 455 23rd Street Oakland Focus Of Email Marketing Scam By Restaurantji.com
- Team USA Men’s Basketball Suffers Stunning Loss to France in the Olympics | CBS Sports HQ
- A’s President Dave Kaval Talks To Chris Maathuis On Las Vegas Ballpark
- Keep Oakland Schools Segregated? Part 1 Webinar
- Oakland A’s Begin Stadium Design Process in Las Vegas
- Oakland Preservation Park: Pardee Home
- Exploring the Oakland City Center : Oakland City Center: Frank H. Ogawa Statue
- Exploring the Oakland City Center : Oakland City Center: Elihu M. Harris State Building
- Exploring the Oakland City Center : Oakland City Center: Lionel J. Wilson Building
- Exploring the Oakland City Center : Oakland City Center: Mix of Modern & Historic Buildings
- Exploring the Oakland City Center : Oakland City Center: John B. Williams Plaza
- Oakland City Center: Courtyard and the Ronald Dellums Federal Building
- Exploring the Oakland City Center : Oakland City Center: Rotunda Building
- On Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark District: TIF Revenue vs Impact Fees For Affordable Housing