ONN – OUSD Oakland Schools Press Conference Livestream On Stimulus Pledge Campaign – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
OUSD Oakland Schools Press Conference Livestream On Stimulus Pledge Campaign
This is what the press conference is about:
Oakland, CA — Educators across Oakland Unified School District have launched a campaign to help low-income students of color address the learning loss that has occurred over the last year. The StimulusPledge.org website, which raised more than $250,000 in the spring of 2020 for immigrant families financially impacted by the pandemic, is relaunching with a focus on students whose learning has been disproportionately impacted by remote learning. As students return to classrooms for in-person instruction, educators look to raise funds to provide academic intervention and tutoring for low-income students and English Language Learners who have fallen behind.
“Our students have been so excited to be back at school for in-person instruction. We are incredibly grateful for the federal and state funds that may be coming our way to help students catch up,” said Bridges Academy Principal, Anita Iverson-Comelo. “But we know, based on where our students are, that we need all the support we can get. The learning loss has been great and the learning gap is widening for students of color in low-income communities.”
Funds raised will go straight to student support, allocated by OUSD principals who are looking at their student data and identifying the highest needs. At Bridges Academy, three years of state test scores had previously shown increasing proportions of students reading at grade level and overall improvement in reading scores. However, the most recent Reading Inventory scores show a sudden dip in the reading data that reflects student learning loss.
After campuses shut down in March of 2020, learning loss increased as many students had no devices at home to engage in remote learning. Even after students received devices and hotspots for internet connectivity, several dozen students at Bridges did not engage and missed months of online instruction. Additionally, after going solely online, English Language Learners missed out on hands-on learning, student to student interactions and visual aids that make dense academic texts comprehensible. Having funds to help staff provide individual and small group tutoring, will reduce learning loss and address important equity issues affecting many students of color.
Unique in its approach, the Stimulus Pledge campaign is based on a behavioral economics concept called pre-commitment, whereby people commit to taking a specific action with a financial windfall they receive. This concept has been effectively used with tax refunds and is now being applied to federal stimulus checks. Anyone can take the pledge or donate at: https://ift.tt/39N2xZa
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Norteno Gang Violence – Killing Over Colors
- Raiders Live: Olson, Good, Ferrell and Abram Presser – 7.29.21
- Las Vegas Raiders: Did Greg Olson Just Reveal 3 Players Are Out Due To Virus? By Joseph Armendariz
- What Does Starling Marte Does Do For The Oakland Athletics?
- OFFICIAL 2021 NBA Mock Draft: Draft Day Edition
- NBA Draft Preview: Golden State Warriors | The Morning After
- Starling Marte Traded To Oakland Athletics
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp day 2 Where The Juice?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Uptown Rotary Club Guest Speaker: Krista Lucchesi, Mercy Brown Bag Program
- Oakland Panthers 2020 Hype Video
- Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Faith and Facts: Keedra McNeill, MD
- Oakland Promise Arts, Media, and Entertainment Career Panel
- Seeking the Sacred, Ep. 12- Discernment and Learning How to Hear God’s Voice
- Oakland SC v Club Marin with commentary
- Oakland United Beerworks introduces our Linden Street Series Flight Packs!
- Vicente Cruz on the importance of Physical Education
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp By Eric Pangilinan
- Disney Parks Brings Back Mask Mandate Due To Delta Variant Surge By Joseph Armendariz
- Piedmont Wealth Manager Arraigned in Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run
- East Oakland Councilmembers Taylor And Reid Must Implement AB 464 Now To Help Small Business