OAKLAND, CA – Rebecca Kaplan’s City Council Resolution to encourage the community development of expanded housing options in the City of Oakland is before the elected officials April 10th. On that day, the Community and Economic Development Committee and the Life Enrichment Committee will hear her plan.
The Kaplan Resolution, which can be read here, directs the City to support community based organizations – including faith-based organizations and other non-profits organizations – seeking to provide temporary shelter and sanitation services on their properties, identify funding sources and public land for these efforts, and ease requirements so more housing alternatives can be provided.
Councilmember Kaplan says: “As the City of Oakland struggles with a burgeoning housing and homelessness crisis, we must support both public and private efforts to increase shelter options, promote dignity, and minimize disease and suffering amongst all Oakland residents. That is why I have authored this Resolution to encourage and support the community development of expanded housing options, by ensuring that our City’s laws are being effectively utilized to create meaningful solutions and serve our most vulnerable populations.”
The Resolution will be heard at the April 10th Community and Economic Development Committee (Number 3 on the Agenda), which begins at 1:30 pm, and the Life Enrichment Committee (Number 9 on the Agenda), which begins at 4 pm, at Oakland City Hall.
Kaplan is also authoring a funding plan for homeless solutions – a vacant property tax. Click here to read that report.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Lydia Jacoby Gets Gold Medal In Women’s 100 M Breathstroke Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Philippines Uprise In Protest Against President Rodrigo Duterte ,By Eric Pangilinan
- Barbara Boxer Former Senator Assaulted, Robbed In Oakland Jack London Square. Attacker Got Away
- Philippines Team Philippines Wins Gold For The First Time At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Line Has To Improve For The Raiders To Win,By Eric Pangilinan
- Doctor Who | Comic-Con@Home 2021
- Jameis Winston’s Throws On The Money, Dropping Dimes To Receivers Before Saints Training Camp
- Hidilyn Diaz wins the Philippines’ first-ever Olympic gold medal | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Oakland Gang Wars – #Dre West Oakland Attempted Murder Charges Allegedly Face 20 Years If Convicted
- AB 464 Ignored – Oakland City Council Would Rather Get High Than Get Money To Small Business
- Zennie Abraham Of Zennie62Media Makes A YouTube Short
- Oakland Police Crime Report July 19-July 25 2021 – 75 Homicides To Date
- Rebecca Kaplan Asks Oakland City Council To Back MACRO, WNBA Coliseum Lease
- How Skateboarding, Surfing, and Climbing Became Olympic Sports | World Debut
- Canada’s Maggie MacNeil wins gold in women’s 100m butterfly nailbiter | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Ariarne Titmus dethrones Katie Ledecky for women’s 400m freestyle gold | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- USA vs. Kenya | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Fiji vs. Japan | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Men’s Rugby Highlights | NBC Sports
- Sweet July Cafe At 455 23rd Street Oakland Focus Of Email Marketing Scam By Restaurantji.com
- Team USA Men’s Basketball Suffers Stunning Loss to France in the Olympics | CBS Sports HQ