Oakland, Calif. – March 25, 2020: A gate agent at Oakland International Airport has tested positive for COVID-19, the Airport said today. The Airport said the individual was not an employee of the Port of Oakland, or the Oakland Airport which it owns and operates. According to the Airport, the individual last worked March 22 as a gate agent in Oakland Terminal 2. It said the agent worked at gates 23, 25, 26 and 27 that day. According to the Airport, the agent used the men’s restroom at Terminal 2 baggage claim.
The Airport said it has taken the following actions in response:
· Notified Airport personnel and others who work at the Airport;
· Closed Gate 23, 25, 26, 27 and the baggage claim men’s restroom overnight for cleaning and disinfecting;
· Disinfected and cleaned podiums and counters at those gates;
· Disinfected and cleaned high touch points, doors, chairs, arm rests and jetways at those gates;
· Disinfected and cleaned all surfaces in the Terminal 2 baggage claim men’s restroom.
The Airport said it’s taking extra precautions to protect staff and Airport users. It said its facilities are being cleaned multiple times daily to meet or exceed federal guidance, including high touch point areas.
The Airport said it had no further information on the worker’s medical condition.
About the Port of Oakland
The Port of Oakland oversees the Oakland Seaport, Oakland International Airport, and nearly 20 miles of waterfront including Jack London Square. The Port’s 5-year strategic plan – Growth with Care – pairs business expansion with community benefits, envisioning more jobs and economic stimulus as the Port grows. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs. Connect with the Port of Oakland and Oakland International Airport through Facebook, or with the Port on Twitter, YouTube, and at www.portofoakland.com.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Arts, Media, and Entertainment Career Panel
- Seeking the Sacred, Ep. 12- Discernment and Learning How to Hear God’s Voice
- Oakland SC v Club Marin with commentary
- Oakland United Beerworks introduces our Linden Street Series Flight Packs!
- Vicente Cruz on the importance of Physical Education
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp By Eric Pangilinan
- Disney Parks Brings Back Mask Mandate Due To Delta Variant Surge By Joseph Armendariz
- Piedmont Wealth Manager Arraigned in Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run
- East Oakland Councilmembers Taylor And Reid Must Implement AB 464 Now To Help Small Business
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp,By Eric Pangilinan
- Marc Canter Features Legendary Twitter Co-Founder Noah Glass In Hilarious Facebook Post
- Garrion Watson – Oakland Police Report Missing 12 Year Old Found By Family
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Says If You Are Not Vaccinated Stay Home,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele Memories, Extended Edition
- Oakland A’s Announcer Roy Steele’s Memorial Live Stream
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Talking Trash About Canelo Alverez Will Alverez Respond,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland-Based Blue Shield of California: $500,000 to Increase Diversity in Mental Health Workforce
- On Robert RFDilla07, The Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland A’s My Vlog, And Economic Development Reality
- New York Yankees Trade For OF Joey Gallo From The Texas Rangers – Vinny Lospinuso
- Miami Marlins Trade OF Starling Marte To Oakland For RHP Jesus Luzardo! HUGE TRADE!