One of the core values and beliefs that should bring us together as Americans is standing against hate and racism, even as we acknowledge that systemic racism and white supremacy are ugly poisons that have long plagued the United States. We must change the laws that enable discrimination in our country, and we must change our hearts.
Racism, xenophobia, nativism, and other forms of intolerance are not problems unique to the United States. They are global problems. They are human problems that we all need to recognize, name, and dismantle. Today, on the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, all nations and people should recommit to the fundamental truth that every human being has inherent dignity and deserves to be treated with fairness. We must recognize the ways that racism, gender discrimination, and other forms of marginalization intersect with and compound one another. And, we must all strive to eliminate inequities in our policies, remove barriers to full participation in our societies, and push for open and inclusive processes that respect all people everywhere.
Under my Administration, the United States will lead the conversation on these painful issues—at home, in international institutions, and around the world. That is why, on my first day in office, I signed an Order establishing a whole of government approach to equity and racial justice. We will not shy away from engaging in the hard work to take on the damaging legacy of slavery and our treatment of Native Americans, or from doing the daily work of addressing systemic racism and violence against Black, Native, Latino, Asian American and Pacific Islander, and other communities of color. Neither will we fail to speak out against the horrific mistreatment of the Rohingya in Burma, the Uyghurs in China, or any racial discrimination we see in the world.
Hate can have no safe harbor in America. It should have no safe harbor anywhere in the world. We must join together to make it stop.
Post based on press release from White House Press List to Zennie62Media, Inc.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Norteno Gang Violence – Killing Over Colors
- Raiders Live: Olson, Good, Ferrell and Abram Presser – 7.29.21
- Las Vegas Raiders: Did Greg Olson Just Reveal 3 Players Are Out Due To Virus? By Joseph Armendariz
- What Does Starling Marte Does Do For The Oakland Athletics?
- OFFICIAL 2021 NBA Mock Draft: Draft Day Edition
- NBA Draft Preview: Golden State Warriors | The Morning After
- Starling Marte Traded To Oakland Athletics
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp day 2 Where The Juice?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Uptown Rotary Club Guest Speaker: Krista Lucchesi, Mercy Brown Bag Program
- Oakland Panthers 2020 Hype Video
- Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Faith and Facts: Keedra McNeill, MD
- Oakland Promise Arts, Media, and Entertainment Career Panel
- Seeking the Sacred, Ep. 12- Discernment and Learning How to Hear God’s Voice
- Oakland SC v Club Marin with commentary
- Oakland United Beerworks introduces our Linden Street Series Flight Packs!
- Vicente Cruz on the importance of Physical Education
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp By Eric Pangilinan
- Disney Parks Brings Back Mask Mandate Due To Delta Variant Surge By Joseph Armendariz
- Piedmont Wealth Manager Arraigned in Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run
- East Oakland Councilmembers Taylor And Reid Must Implement AB 464 Now To Help Small Business