Oakland Vice-Mayor Rebecca Kaplan Of The Oakland City Council Has Housing and Homelessness Plan for Action
Oakland, CA — Today, March 22, 2021, Oakland Vice-Mayor Rebecca Kaplan is presenting her “Housing and Homelessness Plan for Action” at the 1PM Special Life Enrichment Committee (“LEC”) meeting. The Vice-Mayor has continuously called on the City of Oakland to take immediate action to address the increase in homelessness, due to lack of affordable housing.
Kaplan’s plan will be discussed during the Homelessness Services Report item.; a report from the City Administration on the status of several previously adopted directives from the City Council to provide shelter to the unhoused population.
The Vice-Mayor’s Housing and Homelessness Plan for Action includes the following steps to address homelessness and lack of affordable housing in Oakland:
Immediately provide hotel rooms for the homeless to get people into safer conditions now.
Submit costs for 100% FEMA reimbursement for these expenditures, so we can get the money back to use for further strategies.
Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs):
Make it easier and faster for property owners to add additional units to their homes (also known as “in-law units”).
Expand hours of operation for permits, provide pre-approved templates, staff support, expedite approval times.
Rapid Build Affordable Housing:
Use rapid modular housing construction options to build deeply affordable housing more quickly.
Designate several properties for rapid action, to provide real housing options to help the homeless.
Recreational Vehicles (RV’s):
Ensure locations for RV’s with safety and sanitation, trash removal, water and sewage systems.
Expand and ease ability to have an individual RV on a private lot.
Provide for designated managed RV parks with amenities.
Use available publicly- owned land to encourage development of housing that is affordable to all.
Issue call for proposals for partners to develop projects that include affordable and workforce housing on public land.
Link to Vice- Mayor Kaplan’s Housing and Homelessness Plan for Action: https://oakland.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=9252463&GUID=496672B4-AABE-4D71-9653-4E72923EF6F9
March 22, 2021, Life Enrichment Agenda:
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders: Another Executive And 3 Players Quit Raiders Organization By Joseph Armendariz
- Sony Xperia 1 IV (2022) Official Trailer
- Sony: PS5 Shortage will Continue into 2022
- Corgis Singing Happy Birthday To Zennie Abraham
- Las Vegas Raiders Third Raider Player To Retire – Sam Young Announces Retirement By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Launches City’s First Tiny Home Village On City-Owned Parcel At Lake Merritt
- Best Highlights and Sounds From the First Padded Practice of 2021 Training Camp | Las Vegas Raiders
- Yan Gomes after homering in his first Oakland A’s game
- Solo walk around the world famous Lake Merritt in Oakland Ca. My first ever visit
- Oakland Adams Point National Night Out Block Party Tonight Aug 3 5 PM-8PM, Van Buren Av & Bellevue
- Boxing Promoter Bob Arum Setting Up A Fight Between Tyson Fury And Anthony Joshua By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Lose Second Player To Retirement Jalen Richard Returns By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Josh Jacobs Excited For First Day At Training Camp With Pads By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders New Receiver John Brown Praises QB Derek Carr By Eric Pangilinan
- First day with pads. Aug 3, 2021
- Boeing Starliner Launch Canceled For Today August 3 2021 Due To Propulsion System
- LIVE Launch Of Boeing / NASA Starliner To The ISS
- Simone Biles wins bronze medal in balance beam final after taking time off for mental health
- Retired Cop Reacts to Guy Stealing Toyota Sienna in Oakland – Private Investigator
- OUSD Celebrates New Facilities Across Oakland For First Day of School, August 9 2021