Oakland, CA – Oakland City Administrator Ed Reiskin today announced his appointment of Ms. Erin Roseman as Oakland’s new Director of Finance, effective April 19.
Ms. Roseman is a dynamic and seasoned finance professional and results-driven leader with 20 years’ experience. An Oakland resident, she joins the City of Oakland from the Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) in San Francisco, where she serves as Chief Financial Officer responsible for all financial activities of the TJPA, including management of the finance team, accounting, treasury management, debt financing, budgets and budget monitoring, financial statements and reports, capital project cash flow monitoring, project reimbursements, payroll, audits, all purchasing and procurement functions, and federal grants and compliance, including SBE/DBE program and risk management. TJPA has over $2B in net assets, an annual $25M Operations Budget, $4B capital program, and over in $200M investments portfolio.
Prior to working at the TJPA, Ms. Roseman spent 11 years at the City of Arlington, Texas as Assistant Director of Fiscal Policy in the Finance Department and Municipal Court. In this role she was responsible for the planning and monitoring of the day-to-day operations of various divisions in the Finance Department and Municipal Court, including the leadership, general supervision, and performance evaluation of assigned staff. She provided technical and professional recommendations related to policy, program development, financial and general management, and operations of key functions in an organization with a $4M departmental budget overseeing 50 staff.
“I am excited that Ms. Roseman will be joining our senior leadership team, particularly at such a critical moment as the City tackles significant short- and long-term financial challenges,” said City Administrator Reiskin. “Her exceptional leadership skills paired with technical expertise in all aspects of municipal finance, policy, budget development, and financial risk management, as well as problem-solving abilities and talents in communicating with a range of stakeholders make her an ideal addition to our team.”
“I am very excited to join the City of Oakland,” said Ms. Roseman. I look forward to the great people and the great opportunities that the City has to offer.”
Ms. Roseman has a Master of Public Administration, a Master of City and Regional Planning, and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in Business Economics from the University of Texas at Arlington.
This post based on a press release from The City of Oakland to Zennie62Media, Inc. And I say to Ms. Roseman, as a fellow, UTA Alumn (BA 1985) with UC Berkeley (MCP 1987), welcome to Oakland.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Third Raider Player To Retire Sam Young Announces Retirement By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Launches City’s First Tiny Home Village On City-Owned Parcel At Lake Merritt
- Best Highlights and Sounds From the First Padded Practice of 2021 Training Camp | Las Vegas Raiders
- Yan Gomes after homering in his first Oakland A’s game
- Solo walk around the world famous Lake Merritt in Oakland Ca. My first ever visit
- Oakland Adams Point National Night Out Block Party Tonight Aug 3 5 PM-8PM, Van Buren Av & Bellevue
- Boxing Promoter Bob Arum Setting Up A Fight Between Tyson Fury And Anthony Joshua By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Lose Second Player To Retirement Jalen Richard Returns By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Josh Jacobs Excited For First Day At Training Camp With Pads By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders New Receiver John Brown Praises QB Derek Carr By Eric Pangilinan
- First day with pads. Aug 3, 2021
- Boeing Starliner Launch Canceled For Today August 3 2021 Due To Propulsion System
- LIVE Launch Of Boeing / NASA Starliner To The ISS
- Simone Biles wins bronze medal in balance beam final after taking time off for mental health
- Retired Cop Reacts to Guy Stealing Toyota Sienna in Oakland – Private Investigator
- OUSD Celebrates New Facilities Across Oakland For First Day of School, August 9 2021
- Watch Simone Biles’ podium training routine ahead of beam comeback | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Best of Day 10 at the Tokyo Olympics: Simone Biles will compete in beam final | NBC Sports
- Simone Biles motivate Jade Carey for winning gold medal in floor exercise, Olympics highlights video
- Zennie Abraham’s Eagle Offense Playbook Endorsed By Former Cal Offensive Coach Tony Franklin