ONN – On Matt James, Rachel Kirkconnell, Michelle, The Bachelor, Race, Love, Racism, And Being Woke – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
I watched The Bachelor on ABC because Matt James was the show’s first black bachelor. But I also watched from the perspective of a 58-year-old man who’s old enough to be Matt James’ father. I feel like somewhere along the way, Matt forgot, if he ever knew, that love and thinking have little to do with each other. Love is about passion and lust and desire and heart; if you think about a relationship before its consumated, it’s dead before it starts.
In the end, it was Matt James’s approach, not being black, that hurt the show. I felt like grabbing him Godfather-style and telling him to act like a man. In other words, do not fear to take action. All of that doing the skydiving and the repelling replaced the real act of loving without condition – something Rachel Kirkconnell was willing to do.
Now, Michelle James was the woman Matt should have picked, and because she was perfect for him – but not for the reasons you think. She was older and more emotionally developed than even he was – and I think he rejected her for those reasons. She represented a call for him to be, well, a man. And, in a different way, so did Rachel. But, also, from a physical perspective, Matt showed a taste for young, white, petite, college-educated women. That stuck out, more often than not, in who he selected among a group of incredibly lovely women. Sending Bri Springs, one of the most beautiful women ever to grace television, home, was simply a wuss move on Matt’s part.
I feel sorry for Georgia’s Rachel Kirkconnell because she was not allowed to grow as a young woman. What she did in college is just that, and using what she may have done or not as some kind of character weapon on the part of unknown and unseen writers on Instagram is as immature as the people doing it. If Matt James’s loved her, all of that noise would be just that. But he still does not know who he is, and you can’t really give yourself to a woman if you don’t know who you are to give – Matt proved that.
Rachel Kirkconnell has a right to grow and to love and be loved. What happened on The Bachelor on ABC is her right to do all of that was swamped by the show’s desire to use race as an instrument for drama. As much as it seemed Matt James was good at avoiding drama, at first, his lack of inner peace, fueling his lack of direction, allowed the show itself to introduce more drama. It was beyond his emotionally weak makeup to stop. Matt has to do less crying and more determining. He has to love and act without fear. And he has to stop apologizing for being a black man – and so does the new show host Emmanuel Acho . Matt acted like he was emasculated – something I am sick and tired of seeing black men portrayed as on television. The weak TV ratings prove America does not hunger for the emasculated black man.
As I have said before, racism is a mental illness, but it is that, in two ways: it is done by sick people who can’t handle someone who’s different from them, and is especially insidious when dome by whites toward blacks; but racism also hurt the mental health of those it is done too, and by making them paranoid of the actions of others who are part of a group of people who, historically, have been racist toward them. Matt James has the latter problem, and so do I, and I admit that. The awareness of it, controls it, and has fueled my emotional growth.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland’s West Oakland Homeless Population, Small Business, Need AB 464 For Economic Development
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Says He Feels A Sense Of Urgency With The Defense,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders RTC Offering Express Buss Service To Allegiant Stadium,By Eric Pangilinan
- Festival At The Lake Oakland, CA
- Las Vegas Raiders: Breaking News Regarding Theo Riddick and Kenyan Drake By Joseph Armendariz
- Video Tour of 719 Mandana Blvd, Oakland
- Video Tour of 330 13th St Unit 3B in Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority Unanimously Approves Term Sheet for African- American Led Group to Bring WNBA Team to Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Gus Bradley Brought Back Commitment To Excellence? By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike San Francisco: Market St: Ferry to the Castro, then Twin Peaks fog & return.
- Carroll Fife Live Discussion – Black Arts and Culture in Oakland, TONIGHT at 6:30 pm!
- 5735 Claremont Ave Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- CHP releases video of a reckless driver and passengers in Oakland
- Statement By President Joe Biden On The Passing Of Former United States Senator of Michigan Carl Levin
- Warriors Introduce 2021 NBA Draft 1st Round Picks Moses Moody And Jonathan Kuminga
- Raiders Live: Bradley, Ngakoue, Moehrig and Thomas Presser – 7.30.21
- What’s On The Oakland City Council Agenda For Today July 30 2021? Can You Say Violence Prevention?
- Willie McGinest And Andrew Siciliano Need To Work On NFL Network Chemistry
- Olympics Baseball One time MLB vets lift Dominican Republic over Mexico
- Olympics Baseball One time MLB vets lift Dominican Republic over Mexico 1 0