Teaunte Bailey, who was first reported to have assaulted 75-year-old Pak Ho in Oakland Adams Point at Jayne and Perkins, is now a murderer, after Mr. Ho died in the hospital last night.
The Oakland Police Department put out this advisory which now classifies Mr. Bailey as a person who targets Asians.
The Oakland Police Department:
The Oakland Police Department arrested Teaunte Bailey for his involvement in a robbery and assault of a 75-year-old Oakland resident. Today, the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office filed multiple felony charges against Bailey including murder.
“I’m at a loss for words,” says Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong. “Our elders should be protected not the victim of a deadly assault. I am thankful that our officers were able to quickly respond and arrest Mr. Bailey. The Oakland Police Department will relentlessly pursue those that violate the most vulnerable members in our community.”
Through our investigation, OPD has learned that the suspect has a history of victimizing elderly Asian people. This is an ongoing investigation and anyone with information is asked to contact the Oakland Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division at (510) 238-3821.
On March 9, 2021, at 6:55 AM, Patrol officers responded to the area of Jayne Avenue and Perkins Street on a report of a strong-arm robbery. The preliminary investigation revealed the victim, a 75-year-old Oakland resident, was walking down the street when he was approached by a suspect. An altercation ensued which resulted in the victim being robbed and injured.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for medical treatment.
Patrol officers and investigators canvassed the area and continue to search for witnesses and video surveillance.
The suspect was later taken into custody.
This investigation is ongoing. The Oakland Police Department and
CrimeStoppers of Oakland is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for an arrest in this case.
With apologies to my friend Carl Chan of The Oakland Chinatown Chamber Of Commerce, this indeed was a hate crime, given Teaunte Bailey’s history of preying on Asians. What an evil thing to do.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Norteno Gang Violence – Killing Over Colors
- Raiders Live: Olson, Good, Ferrell and Abram Presser – 7.29.21
- Las Vegas Raiders: Did Greg Olson Just Reveal 3 Players Are Out Due To Virus? By Joseph Armendariz
- What Does Starling Marte Does Do For The Oakland Athletics?
- OFFICIAL 2021 NBA Mock Draft: Draft Day Edition
- NBA Draft Preview: Golden State Warriors | The Morning After
- Starling Marte Traded To Oakland Athletics
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp day 2 Where The Juice?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Uptown Rotary Club Guest Speaker: Krista Lucchesi, Mercy Brown Bag Program
- Oakland Panthers 2020 Hype Video
- Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Faith and Facts: Keedra McNeill, MD
- Oakland Promise Arts, Media, and Entertainment Career Panel
- Seeking the Sacred, Ep. 12- Discernment and Learning How to Hear God’s Voice
- Oakland SC v Club Marin with commentary
- Oakland United Beerworks introduces our Linden Street Series Flight Packs!
- Vicente Cruz on the importance of Physical Education
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp By Eric Pangilinan
- Disney Parks Brings Back Mask Mandate Due To Delta Variant Surge By Joseph Armendariz
- Piedmont Wealth Manager Arraigned in Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run
- East Oakland Councilmembers Taylor And Reid Must Implement AB 464 Now To Help Small Business