Sheltered Mercy’s Dr. Leslie Silver will be the guest of Zennie62Media’s Zennie Abraham on Zennie62 on YouTube Live, Monday night March 4th, 8 PM PST / 11 PM EST.
Sheltered Mercy: cutting-edge documentary on homelessness and mental health launches social media campaign
SACRAMENTO, CA – Sheltered Mercy, a documentary about homelessness and mental health centered in California’s capital set to premiere in January of 2021, launched its social media campaign Thursday, February 21, 2019.
Through the desperately resilient words of several of Sacramento’s homeless individuals and the analytical lenses of Silver and Pamphilon, Sheltered Mercy is a documentary in the making that conveys the urgency of a universal paradigm shift regarding homelessness.
The social media campaign launched Thursday with the goal of captivating an audience of individuals already working to combat this problem while also raising awareness to the general public.
Co-Creator Leslie Silver said,
“We are thrilled to finally launch our social media campaign. Over the next 40 days, we will be posting clips from the film, behind-the-scenes footage, infographics based on our film’s research, and articles relevant to our unique narrative. Our hope is to captivate a curated audience of concerned citizens, professionals and volunteers who interact with the homeless in policy, mental health, and nonprofit capacities. This is a critical step in building the audience we need to share our story and gaining momentum until our release date.”
The film’s features policy experts, including California Governor Gavin Newsom, and dozens of unique homeless voices. It provides a clinical analysis of their conditions, explaining the factors that contribute to their realities and the barriers these individuals face at both personal and systemic levels.
“It’s an unmitigated disgrace for a free democratic society with the kind of wealth we have to see this kind of manifestation of poverty.”
– California Governor Gavin Newsom
“Homelessness is the most visible manifestation of untreated mental illness.”
– Darrell Steinberg, Mayor of Sacramento
“All fiscal conservatives should support mental health and case management because it is cost effective.”
– Jonathan Porteus, Ph.D., Wellspace Health, CEO
“The reason I’m homeless is not having love for myself … and seeing people frown upon me … which you guys are trying to change.”
– Randy, homeless character in Sheltered Mercy
Please like and follow Sheltered Mercy’s social media pages to support our project and receive updates on the film :
Watch the full trailer at https://www.shelteredmercyfilm.com
For more information, contact:
Director of Media Relations, Sheltered Mercy
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Who Is Defense Coordinator Gus Bradley?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Aviation Museum in Oakland California. A complete walkthrough in 4k.
- Oakland International Airport Eyes Expansion As Travel Begins Returns To Pre-Pandemic Levels
- LAX and OAK Walking Tour | Oakland Airport & Los Angeles Airport
- Alice Kim’s Entertaining Vlog On Oakland, Travel, Eating In Our Town, And UC Berkeley
- Man Makes Dashcam Video Of Drive Home From Oakland Airport
- Jameis Winston Day 3 Post Practice Interview | B & G Breakdown
- Coach Gruden, Jacobs, Waller and Leatherwood Presser – 7.31.21 | Las Vegas Raiders
- Lenny Williams Interview + Tower of Power & Oakland Music History, Soul Beat TV Oakland, CA.
- Healthy Protein Smoothies Blended Jetpacks And Sixstar. Protena Saludable. Lake Merritt Oakland
- Keep Oakland Schools Segregated? Part 2 Webinar
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights July 30, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Hall Of Fame: Troy Polamalu Discussion Understanding His Desire To Attend By Joseph Armendariz
- NFL News: Former Steeler Troy Polamalu Test Positive He Wants To Attend HOF By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders: Mark Davis Sends Message To Raider Nation – Get The Vaccine By Joseph Armendariz
- Sunisa Lee Gold Medal In 2021 Olympics Celebrated By Oakland’s Sheng Thao Fellow Hmong American
- Boxing Manny Pacquaio Protege Marical Close To Winning Gold At The Olympics,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders LA Dodger Maxx Scherzer Is A Die Hard Raider Fan,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raider Scouting Team Keeping Eye On Top CB Prospect Kiir Elam, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines The US Is Sending Million Doses Of Moderna Vaccine To The Philippines,By Eric Pangilinan