OPD Arrest a Berkeley Man for Criminal Threats Involving Hate Crimes
From YouTube Channel: February 23, 2021 at 10:20PM
ONN – Oakland Police OPD Arrest a Berkeley Man For Criminal Threats Involving Hate Crimes
Oakland Police at work busting someone who apparently got carried away being racist on social media. Read on.
For Immediate Release: February 23, 2021
A Berkeley man is in police custody after he made alleged criminal threats on social media. Oakland Police Investigators received information from a media partner regarding the disturbing remarks towards members of the Asian community. OPD investigators immediately launched a criminal investigation into this matter where OPD confirmed the threatening posts and hateful speech. OPD identified the individual responsible for these threats and hateful posts and prepared arrest warrants for this individual.
The individual was safely taken into custody Monday when he reported for a court appearance. He was interviewed and booked into jail for criminal threats involving hate crimes, a probation violation, and weapons charges. The man is being held without bail.
OPD is providing the facts of this case to the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office for their consideration in charging the individual for criminal threats involving hate crimes.
The Oakland Police Department takes all hate crimes, hate speech and threats against any members of our diverse and inclusive community seriously. We ask the community to stand with us as we unite against hate!
We are dedicated to serving our community and we have a task force to investigate any claims of a hate crime in the City of Oakland. If a community member is a victim of, or a witness to, what they believe to be a hate crime, we encourage them to call the OPD Hate Crime tipline at (510) 637-4283 or the Department’s non-emergency phone number at (510) 777-3333.
This tipline provides a direct reporting tool for victims and witnesses of hate crimes. Messages left on the hotline are checked daily by OPD staff and will be returned as soon as possible.
On Feb 11, 2021, the Oakland Police Department (OPD) received tips from our media partners about troubling statements directed towards the Asian community on social media. OPD immediately launched an investigation regarding this activity on social media platforms.
During our investigation, we were able to identify a person of interest. That individual is a resident of Berkeley and is known to OPD as they were recently arrested on a firearm charge earlier this year.
Investigators were able to obtain a warrant for the person’s arrest. Thanks to the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office, the Alameda County Probation Department, and resources within OPD, the individual was safely taken into custody. The individual was arrested for an outstanding warrant related to the investigation and additional charges.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders RTC Offering Express Buss Service To Allegiant Stadium,By Eric Pangilinan
- Festival At The Lake Oakland, CA
- Las Vegas Raiders: Breaking News Regarding Theo Riddick and Kenyan Drake By Joseph Armendariz
- Video Tour of 719 Mandana Blvd, Oakland
- Video Tour of 330 13th St Unit 3B in Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority Unanimously Approves Term Sheet for African- American Led Group to Bring WNBA Team to Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Gus Bradley Brought Back Commitment To Excellence? By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike San Francisco: Market St: Ferry to the Castro, then Twin Peaks fog & return.
- Carroll Fife Live Discussion – Black Arts and Culture in Oakland, TONIGHT at 6:30 pm!
- 5735 Claremont Ave Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- CHP releases video of a reckless driver and passengers in Oakland
- Statement By President Joe Biden On The Passing Of Former United States Senator of Michigan Carl Levin
- Warriors Introduce 2021 NBA Draft 1st Round Picks Moses Moody And Jonathan Kuminga
- Raiders Live: Bradley, Ngakoue, Moehrig and Thomas Presser – 7.30.21
- What’s On The Oakland City Council Agenda For Today July 30 2021? Can You Say Violence Prevention?
- Willie McGinest And Andrew Siciliano Need To Work On NFL Network Chemistry
- Olympics Baseball One time MLB vets lift Dominican Republic over Mexico
- Olympics Baseball One time MLB vets lift Dominican Republic over Mexico 1 0
- Great Britain W vs Australia W live – Olympic Games Women Soccer live – Great Britain W x Australia
- U S Women’s Soccer Team Trudges Into Tokyo Olympics Knockout Round