ONN – Oakland Police Officers Prevent A Suicide Attempt From Building – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
On February 15, 2021, at about 5:19 PM, a person called the Oakland Police Department (OPD) Communication Division to report a person sitting on the ledge of a 10-story parking garage rocking back and forth. Upon arrival, officers found an individual with half their body hanging over the ledge of the structure in 200 block of 23rd Street.
Thankfully, one of the responding officers is a member of OPD’s Tactical Negotiations Team (TNT) and Crisis Intervention Trained (CIT). The officers quickly made their way to the visibly distressed individual. The person told the officers they felt like they had to jump off the building. At times the person would sway their body as if they were going to fall from the ledge. However, after patiently talking to the individual for an hour, the officers convinced the person to return to safety. The individual then hugged the officer.
Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong says, “The opportunity to take life-saving actions is the most significant call for our responding officers. We are trained for those moments and the exceptional actions of these officers show the Department’s commitment to the preservation of life, that is our most important mission.”
All interactions by a member of the Oakland Police Department is an opportunity to build trust and legitimacy with our community. We thank our officers for their courageous efforts to save the life of a community member.
This stream is created with #PRISMLiveStudio
This stream is created with #PRISMLiveStudio, but watch it to understand the full meaning.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Boxing Deontay Wilder Says Tyson Fury Lying About Getting Covid,By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland’s West Oakland Homeless Population, Small Business, Need AB 464 For Economic Development
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr Says He Feels A Sense Of Urgency With The Defense,By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders RTC Offering Express Buss Service To Allegiant Stadium,By Eric Pangilinan
- Festival At The Lake Oakland, CA
- Las Vegas Raiders: Breaking News Regarding Theo Riddick and Kenyan Drake By Joseph Armendariz
- Video Tour of 719 Mandana Blvd, Oakland
- Video Tour of 330 13th St Unit 3B in Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority Unanimously Approves Term Sheet for African- American Led Group to Bring WNBA Team to Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Gus Bradley Brought Back Commitment To Excellence? By Joseph Armendariz
- Bike San Francisco: Market St: Ferry to the Castro, then Twin Peaks fog & return.
- Carroll Fife Live Discussion – Black Arts and Culture in Oakland, TONIGHT at 6:30 pm!
- 5735 Claremont Ave Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- CHP releases video of a reckless driver and passengers in Oakland
- Statement By President Joe Biden On The Passing Of Former United States Senator of Michigan Carl Levin
- Warriors Introduce 2021 NBA Draft 1st Round Picks Moses Moody And Jonathan Kuminga
- Raiders Live: Bradley, Ngakoue, Moehrig and Thomas Presser – 7.30.21
- What’s On The Oakland City Council Agenda For Today July 30 2021? Can You Say Violence Prevention?
- Willie McGinest And Andrew Siciliano Need To Work On NFL Network Chemistry
- Olympics Baseball One time MLB vets lift Dominican Republic over Mexico