The First Nationwide COVID-19 Memorial to Lives Lost is Part of The Inauguration of President-elect Joseph R. Biden, Jr. and Vice President-elect Kamala D. Harris
Oakland – Today, Mayor Libby Schaaf announced that Oakland will be participating in the Nationwide COVID-19 Memorial to Lives Lost by:
• Illuminating Oakland City Hall on the evening of January 19, 2021
• Ringing the church bells and releasing doves at Our Lady of Lourdes Church at 2:30 p.m. PST on January 19, 2021
This action is part of the memorial that will take place in Washington D.C. and nationwide on January 19, 2021, starting at 5:30 p.m. ET and continuing at 5:30 p.m. local time in cities and towns across the country. The memorial will feature the lighting of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, and the illumination of buildings, and the ringing of church bells in a national moment of unity and remembrance.
“I am honored to have our city participate in this national display of unity and remembrance,” said Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf “Every life lost to this deadly virus reverberates throughout our entire community. This is a moment to pause and honor those we have lost, support their loved ones, express appreciation to our health care heroes, and look to the future with hope as we continue to work towards healing our country and ending this pandemic.”
“The inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris represents the beginning of a new national journey. However, in the midst of a pandemic – when so many Americans are grieving the loss of family, friends, and neighbors – it is important that we honor those who have died, reflect on what has been one of the more challenging periods in this nation’s history, and renew our commitment to coming together to unite our country. end the pandemic, and rebuild our nation,” said Presidential Inauguration Committee Communications Director Pili Tobar.
Since the virus was first identified in the state last March over 760 Alameda County residents have died from COVID-19. The memorial program in Oakland will emphasize the importance of looking back and remembering the lives we’ve lost to COVID-19 as we look forward to the hope of a new path and a brighter future. PG&E is sponsoring the illumination of Oakland City Hall.
Post based on a press release from City of Oakland to Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Could Derek Carr Lose Starting Job? To Marcus Mariota By Eric Pangilinan
- Saints Teaching Jameis Winston Classic Bill Walsh-Style Timed Pass In Training Camp
- Las Vegas Raiders : Vikings Zimmer Echoes Davis Sentiments As He Loses 3 QB’s By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Should NFL Allow Fans In Stadiums? With Delta Variant Going OnBy Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Evan Holyfield Remains Undefeated Evan Is The Real Deal Like His Dad,By Eric Pangilinan
- Joshua Jackson Is Dr. Death On Peacock – 9 Years Ago On Fringe On FOX He Was Peter Bishop – WonderCon Talk
- Seth Evans Oakland Teen Weightlifter Credits Coach, Non-Profit Gym Program
- Resorts World Las Vegas Pool Area Almost Without People In Saturday Night Vlog
- Las Vegas Raiders Kicker Daniel Carlson Third Player To Be Placed On Covid List, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Delta Variant Causes Manila To Lockdown Again,By Eric Pangilinan
- Elaine Thompson-Herah Sets World Record, Jamaican Women Win Tokyo Olympics 100 M 1,2,3
- Caleb Dressel Paces Mens 4×100 Medley Relay Gold Medal Winning Team
- Las Vegas Raiders Kicker Daniel Carlson Third Player To Be Placed On Covid List,By Eric Pangilinan
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights (7/31/21) – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro C
- Boxing Are Celebrity Boxing Matches Entertaining? By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Josh Jacobs Makes Revelations about Kirby Wilson And RB Core By Joseph Armendariz
- Belinda Bencic First Swiss Woman To Get Gold Medal After Beating Marketa Vondrousova
- Las Vegas Raiders Who Is Defense Coordinator Gus Bradley?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Aviation Museum in Oakland California. A complete walkthrough in 4k.