Readout of the Council of Economic Advisors Virtual Roundtable with Minority Business Chambers
Council of Economic Advisors Chair-designate Cecilia Rouse, and Members-designate Jared Bernstein and Heather Boushey met with the leaders of the minority business chambers for a virtual roundtable this afternoon. The conversation focused on the impact of the COVID-19 public health and economic crises on women-, LGBTQ-, and minority-owned businesses and the need to continue supporting American businesses and workers.
The CEA designates listened to the chambers’ leadership and discussed the roots of social and economic inequality, strengthening the position of working Americans, and stimulating the economy in ways that support workers, small businesses, and local communities. The CEA designates also focused on how to build an equitable economy that works for all.
The CEA designates highlighted the need to examine how policies would impact Americans across geographies, races, ethnicities to ensure that policies in place work for all Americans. The CEA designates also shared stories from their personal background that highlighted why they were inspired to focus on economics, and how their views of it were shaped by their experiences. They made an unwavering commitment to provide evidence-based recommendations and to impartially translate academic research as the basis for designing policies.
Chamber membership in attendance included:
Ron Busby, President/CEO, U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. (USBC)
Ramiro Cavazos, President & CEO, U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC)
C. LeRoy Cavazos-Reyna, Vice President of Government and International Affairs, U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC)
Jen Earle, CEO, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Charmagne Manning, COO, U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce (USWCC)
Justin Nelson, Co-Founder and President, National LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Daniel Oliver, COO, National Asian American Chamber of Commerce (National ACE)
Chiling Tong, President/CEO, National Asian American Chamber of Commerce (National ACE)
Post based on press release from Biden Transition Team to Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Could Derek Carr Lose Starting Job? To Marcus Mariota By Eric Pangilinan
- Saints Teaching Jameis Winston Classic Bill Walsh-Style Timed Pass In Training Camp
- Las Vegas Raiders : Vikings Zimmer Echoes Davis Sentiments As He Loses 3 QB’s By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Should NFL Allow Fans In Stadiums? With Delta Variant Going OnBy Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Evan Holyfield Remains Undefeated Evan Is The Real Deal Like His Dad,By Eric Pangilinan
- Joshua Jackson Is Dr. Death On Peacock – 9 Years Ago On Fringe On FOX He Was Peter Bishop – WonderCon Talk
- Seth Evans Oakland Teen Weightlifter Credits Coach, Non-Profit Gym Program
- Resorts World Las Vegas Pool Area Almost Without People In Saturday Night Vlog
- Las Vegas Raiders Kicker Daniel Carlson Third Player To Be Placed On Covid List, By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Delta Variant Causes Manila To Lockdown Again,By Eric Pangilinan
- Elaine Thompson-Herah Sets World Record, Jamaican Women Win Tokyo Olympics 100 M 1,2,3
- Caleb Dressel Paces Mens 4×100 Medley Relay Gold Medal Winning Team
- Las Vegas Raiders Kicker Daniel Carlson Third Player To Be Placed On Covid List,By Eric Pangilinan
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights (7/31/21) – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro C
- Boxing Are Celebrity Boxing Matches Entertaining? By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Josh Jacobs Makes Revelations about Kirby Wilson And RB Core By Joseph Armendariz
- Belinda Bencic First Swiss Woman To Get Gold Medal After Beating Marketa Vondrousova
- Las Vegas Raiders Who Is Defense Coordinator Gus Bradley?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Aviation Museum in Oakland California. A complete walkthrough in 4k.