Joshua Schiller, brother in law of California Governor Gavin Newsom, was arrested in Ross, Calif., on Jan. 14th 2021 on domestic violence and wife abuse charges – sad news, and according to Bloomberg News. Here’s the details on Josh Schiller and the unfortunate domestic violence claim.
Boies Schiller Flexner law firm partner Joshua Schiller, head of the firm’s San Francisco office, was arrested for alleged domestic violence according to a statement provided by the Ross Police Department.
This is the second arrest of a close confident to Newsom. In December, police filed domestic violence charges against veteran Gavin Newsom political strategist Nathan Ballard, including allegations that he beat his wife and tried to suffocate his child with a pillow at a Napa resort. According to the Ross Police statement regarding Josh Schiller, they responded to a disturbance at Schiller’s residence around midnight on Thursday evening.
According to Bloomberg News: “The victim had visible injuries that were minor in nature and did not require immediate medical treatment,” the statement said. Schiller, son of Boies Schiller co-founder Jonathan Schiller, was arrested and booked at the Marin County Jail and the case was referred to the Marin County District Attorney’s Office. Schiller and his wife, Melissa Siebel Schiller, who is the sister-in-law of California Governor Gavin Newsom, provided a joint statement to Bloomberg Law through their lawyer Douglas Horngard.
“This is a private matter between us,” the couple said. “We love and respect each other. We are partners and will move beyond this together.”
The California-based Horngard said he expects the charges against Schiller, first reported by The American Lawyer, to be dropped.
“This was a misunderstanding,” Horngard said. “There was no instance of domestic violence.” Schiller joined the firm in 2008 and has since represented the likes of DraftKings and joined Boies Schiller co-founder and chairman David Boies and Gibson Dunn & Crutcher partner Ted Olson in the successful effort to overturn Proposition 8 in California, which had banned same-sex marriage in the state.
Following several Boies Schiller partner departures in Los Angeles and San Francisco, Schiller was selected to fill one of two new positions as co-administrative partners for California earlier this year.
The Boise Schiller firm has recently struggled with lawyer exits, losing nearly 60 partners in 2020. It has also faced difficulties with recruiting new attorneys to its ranks. Josh Schiller was the attorney in charge of the ill-fated attempt to prevent the Golden State Warriors from building the Chase Arena in San Francisco, advising UCSF former vice chancellor Bruce W.Spaulding and former S.F. Mayor Willie Brown on the losing effort.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Corgis Singing Happy Birthday
- Las Vegas Raiders Third Raider Player To Retire Sam Young Announces Retirement By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Launches City’s First Tiny Home Village On City-Owned Parcel At Lake Merritt
- Best Highlights and Sounds From the First Padded Practice of 2021 Training Camp | Las Vegas Raiders
- Yan Gomes after homering in his first Oakland A’s game
- Solo walk around the world famous Lake Merritt in Oakland Ca. My first ever visit
- Oakland Adams Point National Night Out Block Party Tonight Aug 3 5 PM-8PM, Van Buren Av & Bellevue
- Boxing Promoter Bob Arum Setting Up A Fight Between Tyson Fury And Anthony Joshua By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Lose Second Player To Retirement Jalen Richard Returns By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Josh Jacobs Excited For First Day At Training Camp With Pads By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders New Receiver John Brown Praises QB Derek Carr By Eric Pangilinan
- First day with pads. Aug 3, 2021
- Boeing Starliner Launch Canceled For Today August 3 2021 Due To Propulsion System
- LIVE Launch Of Boeing / NASA Starliner To The ISS
- Simone Biles wins bronze medal in balance beam final after taking time off for mental health
- Retired Cop Reacts to Guy Stealing Toyota Sienna in Oakland – Private Investigator
- OUSD Celebrates New Facilities Across Oakland For First Day of School, August 9 2021
- Watch Simone Biles’ podium training routine ahead of beam comeback | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Best of Day 10 at the Tokyo Olympics: Simone Biles will compete in beam final | NBC Sports
- Simone Biles motivate Jade Carey for winning gold medal in floor exercise, Olympics highlights video