Oakland Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan is Unanimously Appointed to the Oakland- Alameda Coliseum JPA Commission
Oakland, CA — Today, January 12, 2021, the Oakland City Council unanimously passed the resolution to appoint Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan and Councilmember Treva Reid to the Oakland- Alameda Coliseum Joint Powers Authority (“JPA”) Commission. The Oakland – Alameda County Coliseum JPA was established by the City of Oakland and the County of Alameda to finance improvements to the Coliseum Complex and to manage the Coliseum Complex on behalf of the City and the County.
Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan is honored to be appointed and looks forward to serving Oakland in her role as a JPA board member. As in every role she undertakes, the Vice Mayor will work to prioritize the interest of the Oakland community. Kaplan will immediately prioritize working with her colleagues on improvements to the current Oakland Arena operations — both to better serve the community and to bring in additional revenue and jobs to the City of Oakland. The activity undertaken by the JPA would be separate from any future economic development projects, which would be authorized by the Oakland City Council.
Vice Mayor Kaplan brings experience, she previously served on the Oakland- Alameda Coliseum Joint Powers Authority (“JPA”) Commission, and other regional collaborations.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Norteno Gang Violence – Killing Over Colors
- Raiders Live: Olson, Good, Ferrell and Abram Presser – 7.29.21
- Las Vegas Raiders: Did Greg Olson Just Reveal 3 Players Are Out Due To Virus? By Joseph Armendariz
- What Does Starling Marte Does Do For The Oakland Athletics?
- OFFICIAL 2021 NBA Mock Draft: Draft Day Edition
- NBA Draft Preview: Golden State Warriors | The Morning After
- Starling Marte Traded To Oakland Athletics
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp day 2 Where The Juice?By Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Uptown Rotary Club Guest Speaker: Krista Lucchesi, Mercy Brown Bag Program
- Oakland Panthers 2020 Hype Video
- Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Faith and Facts: Keedra McNeill, MD
- Oakland Promise Arts, Media, and Entertainment Career Panel
- Seeking the Sacred, Ep. 12- Discernment and Learning How to Hear God’s Voice
- Oakland SC v Club Marin with commentary
- Oakland United Beerworks introduces our Linden Street Series Flight Packs!
- Vicente Cruz on the importance of Physical Education
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Motivating The Defense In Training Camp By Eric Pangilinan
- Disney Parks Brings Back Mask Mandate Due To Delta Variant Surge By Joseph Armendariz
- Piedmont Wealth Manager Arraigned in Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run
- East Oakland Councilmembers Taylor And Reid Must Implement AB 464 Now To Help Small Business