What do siting Oakland City Councilmembers think of President Donald Trump’s Insurrection Attempt that marked only the second time in history the Capitol was under attack (the last time was the War of 1812)?
Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf tweeted:
This is terrorism. This is chaos and violence incited by Trump’s continuous assault on our democracy. Ultimately our country will withstand this moment, and then we must hold the perpetrators accountable. #capitol
Oakland District One Councilmember Dan Kalb tweeted:
Domestic terrorists trying 2 subvert our democracy—and #POTUS Trump is complicit! These R the people who many GOP electeds R afraid 2 offend
Shame on elected leaders who fail 2 loudly condemn the madness. And shame on the political party that continues 2 welcome these deplorables
New Oakland District Three Councilmember Carroll Fife did not offer a direct tweet on her thoughts, but she did retweet a number of tweets that focused on how well the DC Police and the Capitol Police treated white people in the act of committing domestic terrorism, like this one:
You will not believe your eyes.
A police officer is holding the hand of a domestic terrorist as he kindly escorts her down the steps.
I have no words.
— Dani Beck (@_DaniBeck) January 6, 2021
New Oakland District Seven Councilmember Treva Reid, posted this message on Facebook:
It is an unbelievable and sad day of defiant insurrection, rebellion, treason and clear privilege of people in the history of our nation in Washington DC. We are witnessing an active, intentional and planned threat to our democracy.
I call on the president of the United States of America and republican party leaders to put an end to this civil unrest and unacceptable war against American freedom and restore the pillar of democracy. Get up out of your office and shut these shameful acts down, now and uphold the laws, order and democracy of our nation. They are anarchists. They are domestic terrorists.
I pray for our congressional leaders, staff and their loved ones watching with fear and anxiety and pray for the peace of our nation and uniting of our hearts, standing indivisible for freedom, justice and liberty for all of us as the new administration takes office. #capitol
As more entries are posted, this blog post will be updated to include them. Stay tuned.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Launches City’s First Tiny Home Village On City-Owned Parcel At Lake Merritt
- Best Highlights and Sounds From the First Padded Practice of 2021 Training Camp | Las Vegas Raiders
- Yan Gomes after homering in his first Oakland A’s game
- Solo walk around the world famous Lake Merritt in Oakland Ca. My first ever visit
- Oakland Adams Point National Night Out Block Party Tonight Aug 3 5 PM-8PM, Van Buren Av & Bellevue
- Boxing Promoter Bob Arum Setting Up A Fight Between Tyson Fury And Anthony Joshua By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Lose Second Player To Retirement Jalen Richard Returns By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Josh Jacobs Excited For First Day At Training Camp With Pads By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders New Receiver John Brown Praises QB Derek Carr By Eric Pangilinan
- First day with pads. Aug 3, 2021
- Boeing Starliner Launch Canceled For Today August 3 2021 Due To Propulsion System
- LIVE Launch Of Boeing / NASA Starliner To The ISS
- Simone Biles wins bronze medal in balance beam final after taking time off for mental health
- Retired Cop Reacts to Guy Stealing Toyota Sienna in Oakland – Private Investigator
- OUSD Celebrates New Facilities Across Oakland For First Day of School, August 9 2021
- Watch Simone Biles’ podium training routine ahead of beam comeback | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Best of Day 10 at the Tokyo Olympics: Simone Biles will compete in beam final | NBC Sports
- Simone Biles motivate Jade Carey for winning gold medal in floor exercise, Olympics highlights video
- Zennie Abraham’s Eagle Offense Playbook Endorsed By Former Cal Offensive Coach Tony Franklin
- Homegrown Oakland Heirloom Tomatoes For Sale In Adams Point As Of August 2 2021