ONN – Oakland’s Virtual Inauguration Of New City Councilmembers, Comes At Hardest Time In Our History – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Oakland’s Virtual Inauguration Of New City Councilmembers, Attorney, School Board Comes At Hardest Time In Our History.
Now former Oakland City Council President Ignacio De La Fuente had a saying when he would preside over meetings. Sometimes he used it when things didn’t go well for a constituent. Other times he used it to show compassion for a person. And other times he used it to show the City was able to help someone. It was a simple three word sentence: “Welcome to Oakland.”
It was also Ignacio’s way of saying Oakland is the big city.
Today, we find our big city to be in the worst shape ever. Sure, every other city is suffering because of the combination of The Pandemic and the decisions made in dealing with it. Indeed, closing businesses without compensation will wind up in a giant check government owes residents, eventually. And Oakland has set policies that have not met the moment of The Pandemic. Our economic response has been to form plans and not to take immediate action to get money to people and businesses.
Now, you come in after a disaster that hit during an even year, an election year. You planned to run for office before The Pandemic, then ran on a platform you formed before it, and now you’re elected and have to deal with it. In the past, the Oakland Hills Fire and The Loma Pireta Earthquake occurred in 1991 and 1989, respectively. This is different. Those disasters impacted parts of Oakland. In the case of the fire, it caused Oaklanders who never had to deal with City Hall to become so upset with it that Bob Klein, the Owner of Oliveto Market Hall, to talk of starting a new town in the middle of Oakland, called Tuscany. Fortunately, the City got its act together, so that never got going.
This is different: everyone in Oakland is suffering in some way from The Pandemic. And we’re losing friends and loved ones, many times unexpectedly.
Today, as you are sworn in, in San Francisco, iconic business owners are gathering to protest government policies that have harmed them. If you’re not careful, Oakland will be next.
If you come in and play business as usual, what could happen to you is unthinkable – it’s that bad. So you have a giant job ahead of you that calls for you all to be eight as one. No factions. You have to meet the moment. People need your help. They expect you to deliver and not to whine and point the finger at someone else.
They don’t expect you to cut services. They expect you to find or make money to pay for services. Indeed, SB 628 Bealle, the “son of redevelopment” legislation that was signed into law September of 2015 by then Governor Jerry Brown, allows the creation of tax increment financing zones to raise money for affordable housing (read the bill carefully).
Don’t be part of a system that always says no we can’t do something. Think out of the box. Be bold. Be daring. Be big. But most of all be together, because that’s that only way we’re going to get through this.
Welcome to Oakland.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Strong Mayor Government Caused City Managment Instability Over The Years
- Steven Donziger Convicted Of Criminal Contempt Of Judge Lewis Lapham
- Oakland Gang Wars – Best Upcoming Rappers In Oakland Part 1
- Boxing Paradigm Sports Still Trying To Stop Manny Pacquaio Errol Spence Fight By Eric Pangilinan
- Miley Cyrus Performs Party in the USA Live at Lollapalooza 2021
- JOURNEY: “Separate Ways” Lollapalooza 2021 – Saturday July 31.
- NJOMZA backstage at Lollapalooza 2021
- JOURNEY: “Don’t Stop Believin’”Lollapalooza 2021 – Saturday July 31.
- G Herbo Live at Lollapalooza 2021
- MEGAN THEE STALLION: Lollapalooza 2021 – Sunday July 31.
- This Vegas Tourist Made This Video 1000x BETTER
- Las Vegas Raiders Jon Gruden Says Alex Leatherwood Already Plays Like A Veteran By Eric Pangilinan
- Peel-A-Pound Soup Recipe To Lose 15 Pounds In One Week
- The Rolling Stones Live In Oakland, October 31 1994 Video Of Concert Zennie Abraham Attended
- Home For Sale Oakland Just Listed | 1049 44th Ave, Oakland CA
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 8.1.21
- Oakland A’s vs. LA Angels – MLB – Free Prediction – August 1 2021 – Ghost Picks Rich
- Oakland church teams up with Kaiser to administer COVID-19 vaccines to community
- Resurrection Oakland Church | August 1, 2021. 10am
- Allen Temple Baptist Church of Oakland August 1, 2021 Worship – Rev Dr Martha Taylor, Brother Michael McCants